Traveling in a motorhome with CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Patrick A

Re: Traveling in a motorhome with CPAP

Post by Patrick A » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 am

linda12345 wrote:Okay, so I will not use the CPAP while driving. Very good advice..........

Tonight is the big night. From what all of you are saying, I should have no problem. The fact is that I have 4 batteries at 225 amps each. Using the " simple " formula and calculating at 180 watts, that is 15 amps. If I sleep for 7 hours, that is only 105 amps...........plenty of battery power.

Have a happy 4th,
Linda
linda I hope you had a great night of sleep I would suggest that you read thishttp://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

SleepyTiger

Post by SleepyTiger » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:00 am

SleepyInSeoul wrote:As an electrical engineer...
(b) If your battery's capacity is 200 amp-hours, then it would run for 20 hours on the battery (10 amps x 20 hours = 200 amp-hours)
In THEORY your 200 amp-hour battery will provide 20 hours.

However in PRACTICE it is very bad for the battery (even the deep-cycle types) to draw them all the way down to zero.

The rule of thumb for deep-cycle batteries is to never discharge them more than 50%. (The ResMed battery page also indicates this). Thus 100 a-hrs out of a 200 a-hr battery.

S/T
I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday. ~Author Unknown

SleepyInSeoul

Post by SleepyInSeoul » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:11 pm

SleepyTiger wrote: In THEORY your 200 amp-hour battery will provide 20 hours.

However in PRACTICE it is very bad for the battery (even the deep-cycle types) to draw them all the way down to zero.

The rule of thumb for deep-cycle batteries is to never discharge them more than 50%. (The ResMed battery page also indicates this). Thus 100 a-hrs out of a 200 a-hr battery.
S/T
SleepyTiger - thanks for posting this. I just gave some simple theoretical calculations, as I stated. Your point is well noted.

linda12345

Post by linda12345 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:46 am

Hooray! Great night sleep. No problem with the batteries....last entire night with much room to spare. Thanks to all of you who gave me information and advice. Without you, I probably would have been up all night worrying about the batteries. And even more, I now understand the electrical/battery system a little better.

Linda