My follow-up is in one hour... what should I expect?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Outside Enemy
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 pm

My follow-up is in one hour... what should I expect?

Post by Outside Enemy » Tue May 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Hello. I only just found this forum; hence the eleventh-hour nature of my post.

Two weeks ago, I had a sleep study done to test for sleep apnea. I was monitored by a tech who told me that, if apneas were detected, I would be placed on a cpap machine for the last few hours of the study such that data could be taken both with and without the machine during the same visit. As I was put on a cpap machine, presumably apneas were detected... I also think that I'm going to be told that they are quite severe (I am always... ALWAYS tired... with sleep, without sleep... it has been a nightmare for about two years).

I'm wondering what sorts of things I should expect from this follow-up, and what sorts of things I might want to ask. To be honest, my main concern is that, should I be diagnosed, I go about treating this as best I can. I make plenty of money, so that isn't a concern... I just want to make sure that I ask the right questions, and be sure that I get the best treatment (if that means the best mask/machine, etc).

Any advice you guys could give would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

User avatar
DreamStalker
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:58 am
Location: Nowhere & Everywhere At Once

Re: My follow-up is in one hour... what should I expect?

Post by DreamStalker » Tue May 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Make sure you get a copy of the sleep lab study ... the whole thing, not just the summary report.

Make sure you get the original prescription for your CPAP machine.

Don't sign anything that says you are buying equipment ... renatl is OK so long as you can get out of the rental contract at any time.

Come back and read read read and ask lots of questions.

relax.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

User avatar
pdean44
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: My follow-up is in one hour... what should I expect?

Post by pdean44 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm

I hope your follow up went well

_________________
Mask: Mirage Quattro™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Pressure Setting: 13
"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out"
-- JOHN WOODEN --