new hybrid ffm...questions?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tbas

new hybrid ffm...questions?

Post by tbas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:54 pm

I just tried my new hybrid mask last night...can't tell if I like it or not. I'm still not feeling much better. Any positive feedback on this mask or any other ffm that's better for a mouth breather. Patience has never been a virtue of mine, obviously. I tried using mirage quattro and hated it!!!!!!! Also, used the small nasal pillows with the hybrid & had trouble with them coming out. Any suggestions?

tbas49

BlackSpinner

Re: new hybrid ffm...questions?

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:24 pm

Most of us have made an extra strap from womens tights( light weight lycra knit) that goes across the nasal pillows to the back of the head. For me it goes behind the neck.

Adjusting the Hybrid is a real challenge but it is worth the work. It took me quite a few nights where I tossed it across the room and retreated to my quatro. There are 3 straps to adjust and the one across the top of the head was my critical one.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:52 pm

tbas wrote:I just tried my new hybrid mask last night...can't tell if I like it or not. I'm still not feeling much better. Any positive feedback on this mask or any other ffm that's better for a mouth breather. Patience has never been a virtue of mine, obviously. I tried using mirage quattro and hated it!!!!!!! Also, used the small nasal pillows with the hybrid & had trouble with them coming out. Any suggestions?
I'm not a patient person, either, but you have to find some when starting this therapy. A one-night trial of a new mask is nowhere near enough time to determine whether or not it can work for you. Adjustments are always necessary.

Many of us who use the Hybrid or the Liberty have to employ some kind of fix to stabilize the pillows. Check out Rested Gal's list of Lab Rat Trophy awards (for all kinds of "fixes" and solutions to common therapy/mask problems), and scroll down to the Hybrid: viewtopic.php?t=15104

Hang in there, tbas.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

tbas

Post by tbas » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:23 am

Thank you all for your support and ideas. Bleeping Beauty....I got a lot of ideas from the topics you advised me to read. It was also exciting to hear how many people like the hybrid!

tbas49