Review of Masks Tried

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rheumrn

Review of Masks Tried

Post by rheumrn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:34 pm

I have been on the search for the "perfect mask" just like all new CPAP users. I am a mouth breather but found that I have to tape my lips with cloth tape so my jaw won't drop open even with full face masks. I have tried the following in the past six weeks:

Full Face:
Quattro (small and x-small)- leaks at eyes and below mouth
Liberty (small)- leaks below mouth even with lips taped; bottom straps need to be very tight
Hybrid (small)- some leaks; nostrils irritated initially; fits best with hose routed over top of head using PAPCAP plus top velcro to keep pillows in nose without over tightening top straps; best mask if nose is congested

Nasal: (all with lips taped)
Comfort Gel Nasal (small and petite)- very comfortable but puts pressure on upper teeth; AHI= 0.9
Swift LT for Her (small)- very light mask; nasal pillows not too irritating; nice small hose which routes up over head with connector;AHI= 1.7
Sleepweaver (one size)- very light mask; all cloth; had to really tighten lower straps with high pressure (15-17); had to wear lower straps over lower quarter of ear (sits on ear lobes) but not uncomfortable; AHI= 1.3
EasyLife (small)- very comfortable mask which floats on face; no pressure on face; no leaks; can turn on sides without leaks; I use the PAPCAP plus and route the hose up over my head using the velcro strap; AHI= 1.4

I still have an Activa nasal mask coming in and will report on how it fits.

My favorites so far are the EasyLife and the Sleepweaver. If you prefer nasal pillows, the swift lt is very good.

Jersey Girl

Re: Review of Masks Tried

Post by Jersey Girl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:21 pm

I tried an Easy Life today and found it to be very noisy. I found the Mirage soft gel to be much quieter. I also like the Swift LT for her and use a Comfort Gel nasal mask as well.

Best regards,

Jersey Girl

Happiness is from the heart out, not the world in.