Wheezing CPAP....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
User avatar
DrowsyRN
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 7:35 pm

Wheezing CPAP....

Post by DrowsyRN » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:08 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I just had a quick question. I have been on the forum for several months and have learned a lot from all of you folks and for that I am thankful. I have just recently changed from a REMstar Plus to one with C-Flex. I was doing well at 14 cm/H2O on a straight CPAP but thought one with C-Flex would be even better. I received my new CPAP two nights ago and I have noticed a different sound with this CPAP. It seems to wheeze or whistle upon exhalation. I thought it might be my mask but after examining my set-up it is coming from my new REMstar. I am wondering if this is because of the new C-Flex option because my last REMstar was very quiet. Before I call my Home Health company I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this problem.

Many thanks,

Scott


User avatar
Barnaby
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:17 am
Location: Florida

Post by Barnaby » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:34 pm

I used last nite for the first time my new Vpap..from Resmed. it is louder
than the cpap that looks just like it...but if it works better for me... i am sure I will adjust to the noise. People,live near elevated trains and on busy streets and they can sleep through the racket..I will endure the difference if I stick with it.

"He's not heavy..he is my brother" - Shriners Creed

Sleepless on LI
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 6:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Post by Sleepless on LI » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:47 pm

Scott,

There is a very easy way to find out if it's the Cflex making the noise: Turn it off. If it doesn't whistle anymore, you have your answer.

If you need to know how to do it, PM me. I have the same machine and I really like it. To me, it's almost so quiet that you don't know it's on. I find the mask is the thing that makes the noise, not the machine. But everyone's ears pick up differently on things and where the machine is located in proximity to your head can also make a difference. I found I don't need nor care much for the Cflex option and have turned mine off for good. Don't plan on ever using it again.

Hope you like the new Remstar. I really do. It's nice having the option to use APAP or CPAP, plus the benefit of having the software built in to monitor your own treatment is a bonus.

L o R i
Image

ozij
Posts: 10544
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Post by ozij » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:03 am

I remember rested gal reporting that:
1. The machine with a cflex option is louder than the one without
2. It seems to wheeze up and down with her when the cflex is on.

See for instance viewtopic.php?p=43504#43504
O.


_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Machine: Resmed AirSense10 for Her with Climateline heated hose ; alternating masks.

User avatar
Grabraham
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:33 am
Location: MA
Contact:

Post by Grabraham » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:08 am

I doo notice the CFLEX to be a little louder but not a whole lot (to me). ALso make sure that if you have the Humidifier that the connection between the Remstar and the HH is not leaking at all. that will raise the noise level too.


_________________
Mask
ImageImage