Bipap Synchrony question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dels

Bipap Synchrony question

Post by dels » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Bipap Synchrony question: With the Resperonics bipap syncrony , just a question. There is a smart card encore card, that apparently records data when inserted, but I read some where else that another type of machine, the data is stored inside the unit and then it is transcribed after the machine turns off.

In this model, if the card is not in, but I want to get the data, can I put the card in and it will write on the card what it has been doing for the last few days, or must it always be in place to record as it goes so to speak?

Thank you in advance.

jules

Re: Bipap Synchrony question

Post by jules » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:59 pm

no - card must be there

dels

Post by dels » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Thank you very much for the reply. I wonder why the differance? I read on another post that one machine the data is written only after the machine turns off? I actually dont often have the card in, because I for what ever reason seem to have alot of issues with the data or the card becoming "corrupt" and then it doesnt work and it's a pain in the butt!

jules

Post by jules » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:35 pm

resmeds you can load card later on - but not respironics

the m series might write after the machine is off but the card needs to be in there the session I believe

this is a tank model isn't it? (humidifier clear and in front not covered on side)

dels

Post by dels » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Yes, the machine can attatch with a humidifier, it has a base and the tank is in front, but I rarely use it as I find it just gets to humid and I dont like this, with the exception some times of in winter when it is dry in the house.