Pad a Cheek Nose Bridge Trial

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DNAClone

Pad a Cheek Nose Bridge Trial

Post by DNAClone » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Until this recent trial, I have never used the Pad A Cheek and have had discomfort wearing my masks particularly in the forehead region.
I used both versions of the nose bridge Pad A Cheek and overall preferred the thicker pad. Both worked quite well at alleviating the pressure and plastic/silicon heat and itching from the forehead of my F & P 407 Mask.
Initially, I had a bit of difficulty placing the nose bridge in the mask without leaking. Instead I folded the flap to protect the upper nose region where the mask touched. This provided sufficient comfort without any leaking.

The thin version provided ample relief, however when i needed to tighten the mask, I found the thicker version more comfortable.
My forehead mark disappeared in 2 days.

My overall impression was quite favorable. The Pad A Cheek provides needed comfort and reduced pressure caused by the mask. These pads should last many months and are well worth the minimal investment.

charlambe

Re: Pad a Cheek Nose Bridge Trial

Post by charlambe » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:13 pm

That's the problem I am having. I need to get me one of those.

tonycog

Post by tonycog » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Yes, you should if you're having discomfort on your forehead or the bridge of your nose. It really helps. I use a Quattro also and won't go a night without my Pad-A-Cheek forehead pad.

Best wishes,
Tony

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:42 pm

I tried to use the heaviest padding and am still experiencing a red mark on my nose.

I started CPAP on July 22nd, and still am on the quest for finding a mask that is both comfortable (leaves no marks) and has low leakage. I am still on the quest, after having tried 5 masks.

For this trial, I used the Comfort Gel Mask. This mask gives me low leakage but leaves horrible marks. I have tried other masks - Quattro (less comfortable and with marks on bridge of nose), Activa (very comfortable, but I am mouth breather so not effective, Swift LT nasal pillow (had leakage prob, plus also a nasal mask so won't work for me). I am also tried Liberty, but can't get that to work without substantial leakage, and am working on that at present.

I'm not expecting miracles from your product. It does reduce the redness, compared to no use, but still I have the red mark on bridge of my nose.

Cassandra

Post by Cassandra » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:56 am

I am marking my place here as I'm participating in the trial also. I just started the first night of using the royal blue and want to try them all for several days before reporting. But, I'm lovin' them so far!

Cassandra