Throwing the FullLife in the Ring: PC11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FatiguedMe

Re: Throwing the FullLife in the Ring: PC11

Post by FatiguedMe » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:14 am

I signed up! This is my first shot at a challenge! Yayyy! Wish me luck!

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:21 am

FatiguedMe wrote:I signed up! This is my first shot at a challenge! Yayyy! Wish me luck!
I thought of you when I saw this Challenge, db, since you call your Quattro your "Squattro" and have been wanting to try the FullLife. I'm officially wishing you luck and hope you're chosen to participate!
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

SeaPappy

Post by SeaPappy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:01 am

I have been using the Quattro since it came out and the UltraMirage FF before that. I would love to try something new, as the Quattro, although always dependable, needs a viable challenger. Thanks to Johnny and crew for providing a forum that is both informative and entertaining. I was only going through the motions with my therapy until I stumbled onto this forum, but now I have an average AHI of <2 and feel great.

James
aka SeaPappy
When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, 'Did you sleep good?' I said 'No, I made a few mistakes.'
Steven Wright

DNAClone

Post by DNAClone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:23 pm

When do we find out if our enrollment has been selected to participate in the challenge program?

HalleysMom

Post by HalleysMom » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:38 pm

The ones chosen for the challenge will be notified by email by the end of this week according to what I was told when I applied. I too signed up as soon as I got the email announcing the challenge. I just want to say how appreciative I am of the info on this forum. Without it, I would not have known how much influence I could and should have with my doctor, the DME, and the right choices for equipment. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:27 am

Yeah, I never have been able to make the Quattro consistently comfortable at the bridge of the nose. Other than that I really like it. Of course, its the only full face I've used. I don't even remember the names of the full face masks I tried at the sleep lab before falling in love (I thought) w/the Quattro. Fortunately, I have my Simplicity simple nasal cushion that I really do love to alternate w/the Quattro when the nose gets too sensitive.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

BonnieG

Post by BonnieG » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:57 pm

I, too, have signed up for the challange. I alternate from the quattro & liberty FFM. The quattro also makes my nose sore, but it is a very good mask. I just wish they'd re-engineer the nose part. I also like the liberty. It is a comfortable mask, with no problems. My sleep lab just had a presentation yesturday & won't have the fullife mask until the end of October. My DME doesn't have it yet either.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Went to my sleep center yesterday afternoon to be fitted for either the Liberty or the full life at the recommendation of my sleep doc. I tried to get fitted for the Full life, but darn it, theres no way to keep it from leaking. Both the expert at the sleep center and a sleep doc at my center also report leakages and cannot get this mask to fit right.

Can't get quatttro to fit good and leaves a nasty sore on bridge of nose, and Comfort Gel is a great mask but leaves a nasty sore on bridge of my nose.

I think its a great idea, but I think this mask needs a little more work to keep it from leaking.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:00 pm

GaryG wrote:Went to my sleep center yesterday afternoon to be fitted for either the Liberty or the full life at the recommendation of my sleep doc. I tried to get fitted for the Full life, but darn it, theres no way to keep it from leaking. Both the expert at the sleep center and a sleep doc at my center also report leakages and cannot get this mask to fit right.

I think its a great idea, but I think this mask needs a little more work to keep it from leaking.
You said a mouthful, Gary. But don't you think that every mask needs "work" once you start using it? A "fitting" by someone else - even a so-called "professional" - doesn't mean it's done correctly. Unless you give any new mask a fair shot (of time and patience) with necessary adjustments, you'll never know if it could work for you.

I started out with the FullLife leaking a little here and there, and it did make the bridge of my nose very sore, red and swollen. (But I'd never used a FFM before, so I expected that.) I wore it for three nights in a row, went back to my old mask for one night (nasal pillows) to give my nose bridge a break, and then I went back to the FullLife on Night 5 with a piece of moleskin over my nose. That's helped a lot. And now, almost a month later, I'm getting the best therapy I've had in 21 months of compliance. Call me a believer in this mask.

Whatever mask you did end up with yesterday, I hope it works well for you.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

katherinefulmer

Post by katherinefulmer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:26 am

Thank you all for a fantastic enrollment! Product Challenge 11 Enrollment is now closed. The participants have been notified.

Enrollment has quickly become one of my favorite times in the office. I get to hear from so many of you. I thank you for your feedback and support of our efforts with Product Challenge.

I am sorry that we were not able to invite everyone to participate in the Challenge. Those not selected were notified this morning by email.

Remember the results of this match are due out October 6th!!!

Best wishes,

Katherine
Katherine Fulmer
Product Development Analyst
katherine.fulmer@cpaptalk.com

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. - Kurt Vonnegut

FatiguedMe

Post by FatiguedMe » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Katherine I pm'ed you. I didn't get a notice either way. I am curious to know what happened?
Thank you
Susan

katherinefulmer

Post by katherinefulmer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Thank you Susan, for letting me know. Trinh has explained to me that the emails go out in a stream all day and that there are a few hundred emails left to be sent by the computer.
Katherine Fulmer
Product Development Analyst
katherine.fulmer@cpaptalk.com

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. - Kurt Vonnegut