i need to purchase a new mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gmartins

i need to purchase a new mask

Post by gmartins » Sat May 30, 2009 10:02 am

Can anyone please let me know where i can purchase a new mask...the place where i purchased the machine they want $250.00...is there a cheaper place to go...thanks

Pugsy

Re: i need to purchase a new mask

Post by Pugsy » Sat May 30, 2009 10:07 am

check the link here at the top of the page for "new CPAP.com Product". I have searched many online supply sites and this site right here is very competitive and I hear they will price match if you find a lower price. Some masks do cost a lot more than others. Also do you need new headgear? If not you might just get the mask itself. Also look at the CpapAuction.com Listings, you might find what you need there.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Billy6

Post by Billy6 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am

It sounds like you're working with Apria with those types of prices. This website has much more reasonable priced masks, plus they host an auction website where you can often get even better deals, although on one occasion I was sold a mask that clearly said on it it was not be re-sold- in other words it was for clinic use only.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat May 30, 2009 10:45 am

Not just Apria. My DME (local not a big chain) just billed my insurance $255 for Swift LT for Her (mask and headgear). I can get the same thing from here for $108.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

harry33

Post by harry33 » Sat May 30, 2009 12:56 pm

there are many internet sites that sell masks quite cheaply, watch out for any hidden postal charges, though
australian,anxiety and insomnia, a CPAP user since 1995, self diagnosed after years of fatigue, 2 cheap CPAPs and respironics comfortgell nose only mask. not one of my many doctors ever asked me if I snored

MissDozer

Post by MissDozer » Sat May 30, 2009 4:08 pm

https://www.cpap.com/ doesn't charge shipping for orders over $100.00.

dowen

Post by dowen » Sat May 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Pugsy wrote:Not just Apria. My DME (local not a big chain) just billed my insurance $255 for Swift LT for Her (mask and headgear). I can get the same thing from here for $108.
My DME charged me (not my insurance) a $125 "upgrade" fee for a Swift LT. I don't why that mask is an upgrade. It is not the most expensive ResMed mask by any means. I also don't know how much they charged the insurance in addition to what they charged me. The whole DME process makes my head hurt. When I bought my second mask, a ultra mirage, I got it new at CPAPAuction.com for $70 plus $10 shipping.

I think CPAPAuction.com is a good place to get a good price on a mask. I bought from a seller who has a history of positive ratings from her buyers.
Alternate mask: Ultra Mirage FFM

junie

Post by junie » Sat May 30, 2009 6:58 pm

I buy alot of stuff from there I'm pleased with everything I've bought from there. Cpap Auction.

Additional Comments: Pressure #11, FF. mask Flexifit 431 & 432, also Mirage Swift ll Nasal Pillow,
Judy

milestogo

Post by milestogo » Sun May 31, 2009 6:42 am

Sounds like you may be in Canada ... I'm in the Greater Toronto Area and my "DME" slaps customers with a 200-300% markup over the prices you can get even on CPAP.Com. I don't mean to sound like their shill or anything, but for me they worked out real well, and I just got my new Quattro full face mask from these folks and got it within two weeks, for almost 1/2 the price (after currency conversions and shipping costs which do apply to canadian customers).

$60 bucks for a hose? can you believe it? got it for 9.99 on cpap.com

I wish I had gotten my swift LT pillow mask from them as well, but at that time I didn't know about them as I just started my therapy, and other internet stores were offering something slightly cheaper which I thought would come out to be equivalent to what I was getting from Shoppers Home Health after paying duties (I was wrong about customs duties part though)

Through some very helpful posters here at the forum I found that there are no customs duties for importing CPAP masks etc into Canada and I bought one from cpap.com right away... I don't think they have the absolute lowest prices but the service and the helpful community here does the trick for me, and I paid way less than what my local DME would've have charged. (mind you, they give out loaner masks and all, a service you can't really get with internet retailers, but still)

Good luck on your search!

And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.