Curious Question Re. Sinus Surgery & CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
eutychus

Curious Question Re. Sinus Surgery & CPAP

Post by eutychus » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:11 am

On Monday (Mar. 2) I'm having endoscopic sinus surgery with a possible septioplasty. Yesterday, I had a pre-registration phone conference with a nurse and when I told her that I had OSA she told me to bring my CPAP to my surgery. I asked her why, and she basically just repeated the fact that I need to bring it (she was polite, but not very helpful). Can anyone tell me why this is necessary? The surgery is outpatient, and my nose will be busy during the surgery. Why would I need to bring my CPAP? It's really no big deal, I'm just curious.

Thanks

"Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead." (Acts 20:9)

eutychus

Re: Curious Question Re. Sinus Surgery & CPAP

Post by eutychus » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Okay, now I'll take your educated guesses.

"Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead." (Acts 20:9)

sleepyhead100

Post by sleepyhead100 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:13 pm

I had sinus surgery and UPP.. something. I wasn't asked to bring CPAP. However after I got out of the surgery they put a CPAP mask on me where I could sleep / rest since I was so grogy. Not a bad idea to take since you will know everything is yours (less chance for virus / infection). I think its a great idea. Sinus surgery wasn't so bad. UPP.. something was extremely bad. It's just messy.

eutychus

Post by eutychus » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 pm

sleepyhead, thanks for your reply.

I suppose that makes sense. I'm having a general anesthetic, so maybe they want me to bring it so I can use it after surgery, before I wake up. I'm just wondering how my mask will feel on my face at that time? I have a nasal mask, as well as a ffm. I guess I'll find out soon enough.