reduced pressure - still no dreaming

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dtrain84

reduced pressure - still no dreaming

Post by dtrain84 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi after finally getting my sleep report I realized the report said I should be at a pressure of 8, I was succesful at a pressure of 7 during my sleep study but didnot spend much cpap time on my back - thus the recommendation for 8.
well my machine was set to 9 the whole time I was using, trying cpap - I adjusted down to 8 and started using a nasal rinse - bingo I sleep with my mask on for most if not all of the night now I have used both my ff mask and a comfort classic nasal mask for an entire night.

But my question is this - now that I am not tearing my mask off after a couple of hours of treatment I don't really feel any different than before and I still can't recall the last time I remembered dreaming ( yes I do it was the night of my sleep study) could my pressure be so low that I am not getting any benefits from cpap? is a 9 on my machine equivalent to an 8 on other machines? I have lost about 10 pounds since my sleep study so i don't think that should effect my pressure.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Rivers

Re: reduced pressure - still no dreaming

Post by Rivers » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:50 pm

How can you know whether or not you've been dreaming? Sometimes I wake up and I know that I was dreaming but I forget the content right away. Most times I don't think that I was dreaming but as I understand it, we usually don't realize we were dreaming unless we wake up right after or during a dream.