Greetings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tirider
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Colorful Colorado

Re: Greetings

Post by Tirider » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:23 pm

I changed masks on Friday. I went from a FlexiFit HC407 nose mask to the FF mask in my profile. The FlexiFit was the best out of all the masks I tried.

Behold! The darned thing worked nicely both Friday and Saturday nights. My Dr. sent over a revised prescription but my med supplier said my insurance won't cover the upgraded CPAP with Data but is offering to get me one or give me a used one and I would pay the difference. It might be around $100 to $150 bucks. I get any mask parts and filters replaced up to once a month and the machine is a rental so they replace if broken.

It sounds like a pretty good deal. I am supposed to have their final proposal on Tuesday.

Carbonman, I almost have it all sorted out AND will get the Tee Shirt! Is it safe to assume you ride a carbon bike? I used to ride a titanium bike but made the switch to carbon last year. What kind of bike to you have?

Ti

_________________
Mask

User avatar
carbonman
Posts: 2523
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:57 am

Re: Greetings

Post by carbonman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:55 pm

Tirider wrote: My Dr. sent over a revised prescription but my med supplier said my insurance won't cover the upgraded CPAP with Data but is offering to get me one or give me a used one and I would pay the difference.

I would look into a different DME.
That sounds like some more of that "misled" stuff.


It sounds like a pretty good deal.

...yea, for them.

Carbonman, Is it safe to assume you ride a carbon bike? I used to ride a titanium bike but made the switch to carbon last year. What kind of bike to you have?

That is a very safe assumption.....you can take it to the bank.
Trek 5200


Ti
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

Tirider
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Colorful Colorado

Re: Greetings

Post by Tirider » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Well carbonman, thus far I have gotten everything I asked for from the DME. I'm not quite as skeptical as you may be, but then again, I have the advantage of meeting with them in person and I can usually tell when someone is trying to put one over on me. I will let you know if or when I actually get screwed.

The 5200 is a sweet ride. I got a lucky break last year and picked up an 07 Madone from a friend that travels around demoing bikes for Trek. The bike is in perfect shape otherwise I would have continued to ride my Serrotta. I like the improvements they have made in carbon over the last few years. I really enjoy the new bike.

I see you have TT bars on your bike. What type of riding do you usually do? Centuries, training, TT????

Ti

Ti

_________________
Mask

User avatar
carbonman
Posts: 2523
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:57 am

Re: Greetings

Post by carbonman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Tirider wrote:Well carbonman, I'm not quite as skeptical as you may be, but then again, I will let you know if or when I actually get screwed.
Good for you! I am skeptical when it comes to dealing w/my DME.
I hope that you never have to tell me that story.

Tirider wrote:I see you have TT bars on your bike. What type of riding do you usually do? Centuries, training, TT????
I bleed Trek. I have always ridden Trek.....never had any reason to change.
I am a distance cyclist. I started using aero bars to get the weight off my hands.
That started when I was riding the aluminum torture machines, 1100 and 1420.
I like having that option for position. They are nice for riding w/a headwind and
for descending. I don't race or TT. I enjoy the lonelyness of the long distance cyclist.
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

Tirider
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Colorful Colorado

Re: Greetings

Post by Tirider » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:33 pm

That started when I was riding the aluminum torture machines, 1100 and 1420.
Don't I know it. My first serious road machine was a Cannondale Criterium bike. That was back in the late 80s when the down tube was as big as a beer can. That and short chainstays and centuries were pure torture!

I can relate to some quality alone time in the saddle. Hard to beat. You and your machine against the terrain and wind. Something pure about that.

Ti

_________________
Mask