Vista help needed for SmartCard

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
inacpapfog

Vista help needed for SmartCard

Post by inacpapfog » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:33 am

I had to break down and buy a new computer and guess what operating system came with it?!?!
That's right, VISTA, dang it!
Now, I am trying to find out what I must do in order to be able to read the smart cart from my M-series machine. (I was using EncorePro version 1.6i, Smartcard Reader/Writer version 2.0 and USB SmartCard reader.)
Please, can anyone steer me on this one?

6PtStar

Re: Vista help needed for SmartCard

Post by 6PtStar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:27 am

Sorry, I think you may be in trouble. Vista, and only the 32 bit version can run Encore Pro 1.8i which is no longer sold to anyone except doctors and DME's. Encore Viewer 1.0 should run on Vista. I have not heard of anyone getting any of the programs to run on the 64 bit version. I am still holding my breath that my old machine does not go belly up and I have to go the Vista route. I did buy a copy of XP while I could still get it but am worried that it won't run on the new machine because it won't be able to run the drivers for the new hardware. Darn Billy, just could not leave well enough alone!!!

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:34 am

Jerry is correct. But throw us a few clues, what is the exact error message you are getting?

What IS happening?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:02 am

6PtStar wrote: I did buy a copy of XP while I could still get it but am worried that it won't run on the new machine because it won't be able to run the drivers for the new hardware. Darn Billy, just could not leave well enough alone!!!

Jerry
Billy isn't forcing people to buy into the new computer systems, I just upgraded my Moneypits, and they aren't state of the art ready, but they will run circles around most readymade "Vista" systems. You don't have to havethe latest to have well working stuff. I have been prone to using Intell MB's, but this time I went with ASUS P5K-E (GREEN), I am in love with this MB. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire