Visitor from Switzerland needs Silverlining 3.6 for PB425ST

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ThatMaskedMan

Visitor from Switzerland needs Silverlining 3.6 for PB425ST

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:09 pm

We just had a visitor in chat who lives in Switzerland. He writes great English but his preferred language is German. He ordered Silverlining 3.6 from cpap.com but they sent 3.1 and when he contacted them, got an unhelpful reply (but he is not unhappy with them, just *really* wants that software so he can look at his AIs, HIs, centrals, etc.). His machine is P&B 425ST. He told us exactly where he lives and chatter "amos" used google earth or whatever it's called to see an aerial view. He was quite patient with amos and me and padacheek but we are not silverlining users. I recommended he post to forum here but that maybe was a bit challenging so he gave me his email address, I am posting, and can email him your ideas.

He has lived in Ecuador and Israel but does not speak Hebrew. Ozij, I think you use Silverlining and have a second cousin in Switzerland - if you happen to see this, and have any interest, could we connect somehow?
I'm a little shy to put my own email address on here forever, but may end up doing so if that is the only way.

Oh oh, I'll bet after typing all this I'm not logged in, but I am ThatMaskedMan, in upstate NY. Thanks, all.

jules

Re: Visitor from Switzerland needs Silverlining 3.6 for PB425ST

Post by jules » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:28 pm

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/purita ... ng-36.html

The 425 will not give you detailed data when downloading.

ThatMaskedMan

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:00 pm

OK, that's no doubt the answer. He knows of that URL and included it in his chat, though not singling out that one sentence you quoted. Sorry to be so stupid myself, but what does it mean "when downloading"? I would take it to mean you can't read data during the downloading process but can when it's done. If it means you never can get your data, why doesn't it just say it provides no data and you can't download period.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:08 pm

They ONLY show version 3.10 on the website, that is 3."ten" not 3.6, they also show from the order page:
The 425 will not give you detailed data when downloading.
someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

jules

Post by jules » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:10 pm

no problem - my understanding is you can get lengths of sessions, but none of the nice AHI, Leaks etc.

Someone will report what actually you can get, just this has been mentioned before --- I don't have the machine myself

it is always hard in chat to give out answers when you don't have experience yourself with the problem - sometimes you just have to tell the person to search it on the forum - in this case I went back and searched 425 and data and came up with a few old threads including one I had posted on before with this same information

I had recalled this thread - viewtopic.php?p=269734#p269734

ozij had posted what data was available here ----- in that same thread - viewtopic.php?p=270223#p270223

ThatMaskedMan

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Using a much larger font does not resolve the ambiguity and is kind of hurtful, but as they say no good deed goes unpunished. I am just trying to help the guy, you don't need to shout at me.

So how does he get the data, are there LCD displays or should he just buy a different brand of ST?

jules

Post by jules » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:24 pm

I remember this discussion too a couple of times about the respironics machine

viewtopic.php?t=8877

viewtopic.php?p=161919&highlight=#161919

this may have changed with the newest version machine but he has to do his homework

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:35 pm

1. Silverlining has a weird way of numbering the versions. Mine, an older version, says: "Silverlining 3: -Version 3.6."
2. The visitors verson no doubs says "Silverlining 3.1: Version 3.6" and is the newest there is.
3. PB have not updated the 425 and have no plans to do so.

There are two ways of using Silverlining to track results
1. The standard way: downloading data after a night of use. As others have said, for the 425, you won't get the AHI data.

2. Real time breath by breath recording, and using Timesnapper to get a breath by breath movie of your results. I've started doing that since SAG showed us that thread (thanks again, SAG and becktrev!). I'm pretty sure you can do that with the 425 as well.

Here's a snapshot of an apnea beginning to develop.

Look at the bottom third of the screen. The first blue line is the flow. To far left is my normal (sleep) breathing. at 10732 you see the problem starting (each vertical line show second of time). I don't inhale - at least partly open air apnea since you can see the cardiac oscillation in second no. 3 of that screen, then I take a deep breath and exhale forcefully - note the impact of those on the bottom blue line which describes the pressure inside the mask.
By 10734 you have a frank apnea. These two events were ticked by Silverlining, after the fact, as a "double tick" apnea, both obstructive and cardiac. The ticks are not visible on this snap, they appear later.

I think it's very possible that the visitor from Switzerland can track his breathing like that on a 425.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

mardusch

Post by mardusch » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:37 pm

It's a bit too late , but "besser spät als gar nie" (=?better late than never ever?)
Many thanks for this information. I'm finally working on this...
M.D. Merligen, Switzerland

mardusch

Post by mardusch » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Thanks a lot to ThatMaskedMan, ozij, jules and becktrev (viewtopic/p293325/viewtopic.php?p=172766#p172766).
Tonight I'll try the Timesnapper-"Way". I'm sometimes somewhat slow...

PS ... I was taught to be always polite, so I'm only able to mention the positive qualities of a person/blogger.... as I'm trying to do it now...:I love Snoredog's Icon/Picture... Yes I love the Picture... (I know everybody has the right to blog, but I don't exactly know, why EVERYbody blogs..., sorry Snoredog, but because of these details my live changed 360')
(My native language is German, I hope my English is understandable...)

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:54 pm

ozij wrote:1. Silverlining has a weird way of numbering the versions. Mine, an older version, says: "Silverlining 3: -Version 3.6."
2. The visitors verson no doubs says "Silverlining 3.1: Version 3.6" and is the newest there is.
3. PB have not updated the 425 and have no plans to do so.
O.
I don't know nuttin' 'bout Silverlining......but this is another excerpt from the product description on CPAP.COM.

Manufacturer: Puritan Bennett

SilverLining 3.10 updated the 3.6 version.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

echo

Post by echo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:06 pm

Strange numbering.... I bought mine from cpap.com last year in November together with the 420E and my version says "Silverlining 3: -Version 3.10US" and the copyright is 1999-2006. I don't know if this is actually the lastest version? It does, however, seem to support the 425ST.

According to the 425 ST - SL manual, you can get info on the Respiratory rate, I/E ratio, and % spontaneous cycles, though indeed no info on AHI.

As for the trace information of real-time use, the screenshot for the 425ST does not have the same views as yours does Ozij. It only shows the interface air flow trace and the interface pressure.

I do not see any possible way to get AHI information from that machine. at least with SL3.10 !!

(The 425ST manual is included in the SL software -> start SL -> Question mark -> Help on GK425)

Edit: nevermind, I see now what you were getting at Ozij. Time for me to stop posting in the middle of the night!
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 pm

Gruetsi, mardusch,
You English is very understandable - please share your results with us.
I love your neighborhood!
I'm sometimes somewhat slow...
Anyway, Now you've registered and logged in - do keep us posted.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023