Hi to all, please give me your ideas before the red mark on the bridge of my nose becomes permanent.
I have tried: band aids, tape, silicon putty, polar fleece, foam and all combinations.
I am using a self configured mask which is basically a Respironics Simplicity with the soft nose piece of the Resironics Comfortlite 2. I really like this and it works well, but even when I used the comfortlite as purchased the nose bridge was irritated. I figure the bridge is the pressure point, but surely something can pad it a little.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!
mask marks on bridge of nose
- goose
- Posts: 1382
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:59 pm
- Location: The left coast - CA... If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!
Not knowing the particulars of the masks you are using, I can only say that it sounds like you have the seal cranked down too tight.
I used to have the same problem with the ComfortGel mask, but learned that it didn't need to be so tight. You have to leave room for the silicone seal to inflate and seal.
On the CG I press in the sides of the seal with my fingers to eliminate eye leaks, but.....
Try it looser.....
Hope this helps a bit....
cheers
goose
I used to have the same problem with the ComfortGel mask, but learned that it didn't need to be so tight. You have to leave room for the silicone seal to inflate and seal.
On the CG I press in the sides of the seal with my fingers to eliminate eye leaks, but.....
Try it looser.....
Hope this helps a bit....
cheers
goose
_________________
| Humidifier: HC150 Heated Humidifier With Hose, 2 Chambers and Stand |
| Additional Comments: Also Use ComfortGel (s); Headrest (XL) and a PAP-Cap. |
Wars arise from a failure to understand one another's humanness. Instead of summit meetings, why not have families meet for a picnic and get to know each other while the children play together?
-the Dalai Lama
-the Dalai Lama
Some of us don't have the same dimension from our forehead to the bridge of our nose and the adjustment won't work. My UMFF will only seal when the adjustment is just past the last notch which then leaves big marks on the bridge of my nose. A 3/4 x 1 inch piece of moleskin completely cures the problem. Just be sure to dirty up the sticky on the moleskin as it really sticks good. Also a chunk of MACKS works, but is not as convenient as the moleskin.
_________________
| Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Mask: Fisher & Paykel Vitera Full Face Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack (All Sizes Included) |
| Additional Comments: Titrated on Auto CPAP at 7/14 cm: Only licensed medical professionals can give medical advice or write prescriptions |

