Just saying "HI!" and looking for a hug...
Hugs GF,
we watched my mom go the very same way. With animals we can do something so they don't suffer but for people, we can do nothing more than make the comfortable, strange.
I remember telling my mom - We have a lifetime to prepare, for the inevitable - Somehow a lifetime doesn't seem long enough.
Hugs....
we watched my mom go the very same way. With animals we can do something so they don't suffer but for people, we can do nothing more than make the comfortable, strange.
I remember telling my mom - We have a lifetime to prepare, for the inevitable - Somehow a lifetime doesn't seem long enough.
Hugs....
_________________
| Humidifier: HC150 Heated Humidifier With Hose, 2 Chambers and Stand |
| Additional Comments: New users can't remember they can't remember YET! |
BeganCPAP31Jan2007;AHI<0.5
I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember

If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!
I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!
I'm thinking of you Cindy.
O.
O.
_________________
| Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Additional Comments: Machine: Resmed AirSense10 for Her with Climateline heated hose ; alternating masks. |
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023
Hugs
You're in my thoughts and prayers, Cindy. You have some wonderful memories to help you through this and to keep him with you always!
_________________
| Machine: DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine |
| Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier |
| Additional Comments: Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap |
- sharon1965
- Posts: 1231
- Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:59 pm
- Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I just wnat to thank you all for your outpouring of love and support. I knew I could come here and find the care of old friends who I met when I first came to this board, as well as care from new friends who I am just beginning to meet here. All of the care and support is so much appreciated. I feel like I have a piece of home with me here in this board.
PawPaw is still with us, but just barely. he does still open his eyes when we talk to him, and I believe he knows he surrounded by all of us who love him. it means so much that we are able to keep him home with us right until he steps into the next part of his journey. and while his journey here with us is ending, I know that the journey for him is just beginning in a new and better place.
I have to say--I would rather go this grief and sadness now than to have never known our PawPawand escape the sadness of his leaving. he has been a good PawPaw, and I am grateful for the chance to continue to tell him that.
Before he became too sick, he also got to meet my grandbabies--they are his first great grandchildren...and while the babies won't remember meeting PawPaw, I know he takes his memories of them with him.
Again--I want to say THANK YOU to all of you for your care, support and kind thoughts...it means so much to know that you are all here...again--you give me the feeling of home and friends!!!!
Love - Cindy
PawPaw is still with us, but just barely. he does still open his eyes when we talk to him, and I believe he knows he surrounded by all of us who love him. it means so much that we are able to keep him home with us right until he steps into the next part of his journey. and while his journey here with us is ending, I know that the journey for him is just beginning in a new and better place.
I have to say--I would rather go this grief and sadness now than to have never known our PawPawand escape the sadness of his leaving. he has been a good PawPaw, and I am grateful for the chance to continue to tell him that.
Before he became too sick, he also got to meet my grandbabies--they are his first great grandchildren...and while the babies won't remember meeting PawPaw, I know he takes his memories of them with him.
Again--I want to say THANK YOU to all of you for your care, support and kind thoughts...it means so much to know that you are all here...again--you give me the feeling of home and friends!!!!
Love - Cindy
-
Guest
{{{{{Cindy}}}}}}
Hey Cindy, I'm not surprised you're there, nor that you're stepping up to the hard stuff to help your mom.
Remember when I was new and crazy and you talked me down off the ledge? You show real grace and courage under fire. Your family is lucky to have you.
My thoughts and prayers are you with you.
Huggers,
B.
Hey Cindy, I'm not surprised you're there, nor that you're stepping up to the hard stuff to help your mom.
Remember when I was new and crazy and you talked me down off the ledge? You show real grace and courage under fire. Your family is lucky to have you.
My thoughts and prayers are you with you.
Huggers,
B.
- rested gal
- Posts: 12880
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:14 pm
- Location: Tennessee
awwwww-thanks Babs!!!!! In the midst of all this, after PawPaw is gone--I want my mom to have the peace of knowing that we kept him home, and that he was surrounded by love right up until the end!! And having the support of everyone here and the care is helping me stay strong to do what I need to do--so again--thank you all for your care and support and encouragement...who would have thought two years ago when I started xPAP therapy that I would have this wonderful community of caring and support in my life--I truly cherish and treasure each and everyone of you!!
PawPaw is still with us right now, but breaths are getting farther and farther apart. I know his spirit is in the room looking down on all of his loved ones, and just not quite ready to let go yet. My sister in law and I got him changed and spongebathed this morning and got fresh linens under him, and he is looking very peaceful and comfortable. That is what I want for my mom to be able to remember when she looks back on these last few hours with PawPaw...that he was comfortable and peaceful.
hugs again--Cindy
PawPaw is still with us right now, but breaths are getting farther and farther apart. I know his spirit is in the room looking down on all of his loved ones, and just not quite ready to let go yet. My sister in law and I got him changed and spongebathed this morning and got fresh linens under him, and he is looking very peaceful and comfortable. That is what I want for my mom to be able to remember when she looks back on these last few hours with PawPaw...that he was comfortable and peaceful.
hugs again--Cindy
Laura
thank you Laura--I carry all of the hugs with me, and everybodies support is keeping my spirit fed and comforted. it's just hard after losing my grandma not quite two years ago to see my mom going through this again.
Cindy
I'm sending my thoughts and prayers your way. My father died of cancer in 1990 at the age of 57, and he so didn't want to leave. How wonderful that you're there for your mother and dealing with all those details so that she won't have to. Do remember to eat and sleep and take care of yourself too. God bless you all.
Paula
I'm sending my thoughts and prayers your way. My father died of cancer in 1990 at the age of 57, and he so didn't want to leave. How wonderful that you're there for your mother and dealing with all those details so that she won't have to. Do remember to eat and sleep and take care of yourself too. God bless you all.
Paula
On Loss
I was thinking about your comment about your loved one's impact in your life being worth this time of pain.
When going thru one period of dealing with what seemed to be a disproportionate number of losses (who am I to say that anyway?), I realized that the potential for such loss was only because I had been disproportionately blessed with so many who truly mattered to me. It's kind of a mixed blessing - so much more to miss, yet an abundance of good memories.
In sorting thru my thoughts on how to prevent such hurt, I once penned the following lines...
If I fall from this mountaintop at least I’ve seen the view
If one day these arms are empty they’ll have known holding you
If the song in my heart goes suddenly off key
I’ll always remember loving you loving me
Cindy, I'm glad you and your family were so richly blessed by your loved ones presence in your life.
Kathy
[/i]
When going thru one period of dealing with what seemed to be a disproportionate number of losses (who am I to say that anyway?), I realized that the potential for such loss was only because I had been disproportionately blessed with so many who truly mattered to me. It's kind of a mixed blessing - so much more to miss, yet an abundance of good memories.
In sorting thru my thoughts on how to prevent such hurt, I once penned the following lines...
If I fall from this mountaintop at least I’ve seen the view
If one day these arms are empty they’ll have known holding you
If the song in my heart goes suddenly off key
I’ll always remember loving you loving me
Cindy, I'm glad you and your family were so richly blessed by your loved ones presence in your life.
Kathy
[/i]
_________________
| Mask: TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: Bleep/DreamPort for full nights, Tap Pap for shorter sessions |
My SleepDancing Video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7WA_5c73c
It's a rough time, no matter how much you are prepared... you mom is lucky to have you there. I trust your memories of his love and kindness and the times you were able to share will bring you comfort. You and your family are in my thoughts.
Getting old doesn't make you 'forgetful'. Having too damn many things to remember makes you 'forgetful'.
To all of my friends...UPDATE on PawPaw
just wanted to update and let you all know that our PawPaw passed away this morning at 9:40 AM. He was at home with us, and had his family around him, and he got a send off full of love.
Thank you all for your kind words and support at a time when I was feeling very low.
We have a lifetime of wonderful memories to sustain us through this time, and we are all greatful that PawPaw was a part of lives...he truly gave us a lifetime of love...we just wish we could have had him longer...
hugs to all--
Cindy
Thank you all for your kind words and support at a time when I was feeling very low.
We have a lifetime of wonderful memories to sustain us through this time, and we are all greatful that PawPaw was a part of lives...he truly gave us a lifetime of love...we just wish we could have had him longer...
hugs to all--
Cindy








