CAN YOU HEAR WEATHER SIRENS WHILE SLEEPING WITH CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
neversleeps

CAN YOU HEAR WEATHER SIRENS WHILE SLEEPING WITH CPAP?

Post by neversleeps » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:55 am

I actually now know the answer to this question, but had been worrying about it until this morning.

This morning, as I lay fast asleep with my machine at 13, wearing my Activa mask, (I was wearing it, not the machine), I heard the weather sirens go off. Loud and clear.

So we can be relatively sure of two things,
1) I'm not going to die in my sleep from OSA
2) I'm not going to die in my sleep from a tornado.

2listless

Sirens

Post by 2listless » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:40 pm

Great! I never worried about dying of SA while sleeping. But now I have to worry about being killed by a tornado. Yep, bet they find me in a tree with a hose wrapped around my neck and a comfort curve dangling off my face. With my luck, the CPAP and humidifier will crash on my head......

Don't have any sirens up here, so I guess I will not worry about missing them.

Great, another reason for insomnia!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

photogal

posted subject

Post by photogal » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:56 pm

Yes, I can hear the sirens. Our tornado season in Oklahoma (I live in Oklahoma City) is pretty much done and over, though. We sent all that stuff up Minnesota way, ROFL!
in '99 we had a catagory 5 tornado (with the highest tornado winds EVER recorded) that wiped out a bunch of south Oklahoma City and east.
They don't shake me up much anymore with our excellent weather coverage here. We have dopplar radars coming out of our ears.
I lived thru a twister when I was 14 that took the roof away.
I'll take 'em over earthquakes any day. It's all what you are used to, I guess.

gailzee

Re: CAN YOU HEAR WEATHER SIRENS WHILE SLEEPING WITH CPAP?

Post by gailzee » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:00 pm

Those of us post 9/11 from the Metro NY/NJ area, don't have weather sirens, but we do look up at planes a lot more. Especially those flying low, at night I hear them and even with apap machine/and/sound machine running, I look out the window....

No weather sirens, but lots of other stresses, I guess. But going back onto your thread question, yes, I can hear fire sirens thru the apap machine noise.

[quote="neversleeps"]I actually now know the answer to this question, but had been worrying about it until this morning.

This morning, as I lay fast asleep with my machine at 13, wearing my Activa mask, (I was wearing it, not the machine), I heard the weather sirens go off. Loud and clear.

So we can be relatively sure of two things,
1) I'm not going to die in my sleep from OSA
2) I'm not going to die in my sleep from a tornado.