Power brick required for REMstar Pro M Series ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
hobbs

Power brick required for REMstar Pro M Series ?

Post by hobbs » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Does this unit have no built in power supply thus requiring a power brick? Trying to decide between the purchase of a Resmed S8 Elite or Respironics REMstar Pro M.

Anon-E-Mouse

Re: Power brick required for REMstar Pro M Series ?

Post by Anon-E-Mouse » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:39 pm

hobbs wrote:Does this unit have no built in power supply thus requiring a power brick? Trying to decide between the purchase of a Resmed S8 Elite or Respironics REMstar Pro M.
I have the Remstar plus and it has a brick. I would assume that the pro requires one as well.

Anon

NickD25

Post by NickD25 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:31 pm

I know that every M series has a brick, hence why the device itself is so small but brick wise, I've seen a lot worse. It's about 5x3x2 without the humidifier hook on.

Pressure: 16-22
On therapy since 12/06/07

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Thanks for the confirmations. That narrows it down to the S8. The less I have to keep track of and pack when getting a 4AM wakeup call, in a hotel ,in a foreign country, the better!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Hooray for the S8 Elite!! I LOVE mine. I LOVE that easy access to data in the LED screen!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Slinky wrote:Hooray for the S8 Elite!! I LOVE mine.
What is your opinion of the noise level of the S8 Elite? Have you used any other machines to compare it to? I have been told that coming from a (5) year old (read BIG) machine I will notice the new smaller machines being louder. I am debating holding off replacement until the S8 II is available in the U.S.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:40 pm

I had the RemStar (pre-M Series) Auto w/C-Flex (the "tank") and I found it to be no louder, nor no quieter than my two Resmeds. I think it varies more by indivdual machine rather than by model ... but .... someone like RestedGal who has had experience w/oodles of different brands and models of xPAP devices could probably better answer your question.

By the way, that old RemStar "tank", at least in the Bi-PAP model, altho larger in size, is almost a full lb lighter than the M Series Bi-PAP model.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.