My study figures

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
photogal

My study figures

Post by photogal » Thu May 12, 2005 12:33 pm

Total time of the study was 199.6 minutes with a total sleep time of 121.0 minutes with a sleep efficiency of 60.6%. Sleep onset latency was 56.3 minutes and REM latency was 71.0 minutes. Other sleep stages were divided as followed, stage one 22.7%, stage two 76.4%, stage three and four (SWS) 0.0% and REM sleep 0.8%. Alpha intrusion was moderate.
Arousals: The patient had a total of 89 arousals. 72 arousals were related to respiratory events, with a respiratory arousal disturbance index of 35.7 per hour. There were 17 spontaneous arousals. (these were pain intrusions or the result of having trouble breathing out against the pressure)Cardio-Pulmonary Data: The patient had a total of 83 respiratory events, with an Apnea-Hopopnea Index (AHI) of 41.2 per hour. The AHI during REM sleep was 0.0 per hour. The average oxygen saturation was 95.0% and the lowest was 83.0%.
EKG, Periodic Limb Movement, was unremarkable. (my words, nothing there to report)
CPAP Titration: they talk about me meeting established criteria to undergo a split night CPAP titration which was done acording to protocol, and was done to eliminate obstructive breathing events. (they do not state pressures, or any other information in this section)
CPAP treatment staging and architecture: The total recording time of the study was 222.5 minutes with a total sleep time of 164.0 minutes resulting in a sleep efficiency of 73.7%. Sleep onset latency was 31.8 minutes and REM latency was 69.5 minutes. Other sleep stages were divided as followed, stage one 12.5%, stage two 57.3%, stage three and four (SWS) 0.0% and REM sleep 30.2%. Alpha intrusion was mild.
Final CPAP pressure: 9cm using an Ultra Mirage full-face mask system.

It looks like I improved sleep efficiency about 13% with CPAP. I assume Alpha intrusion is pain? That would be my torn rotator cuff. Is it normal to have no stage 3 & 4?
Betty

glassgal

Post by glassgal » Thu May 12, 2005 7:46 pm

Hi Photogal,

I am new to this, and not an expert (I started 1/10/05), but I also did not get any stage 3 or 4 during my sleep study. I was told that as we age we spend less time in those stages of sleep. I believe that Ted (Titrator) told me that. I know that I did not sleep well during the split night study that I had, and believe that the titrated pressure of 14 cm/H2O that I was prescribed is low. It generally takes 15-17 to clear my apneas, but I have an auto, so I average between 10-12 most nights.

I also wanted to wish you well with your surgery tomorrow.

Best of luck!
Sleep well,

Jane

PB 420e -- 10-17 cm/H2O
heated humidifier
NasalAireII
Aura that I have deconstructed & am making a
new headgear for.

photogal

posted subject

Post by photogal » Fri May 13, 2005 1:06 pm

just had surg this a.m. and am typing one-handed. it went well.

wading thru the muck!

Re: posted subject

Post by wading thru the muck! » Fri May 13, 2005 1:31 pm

photogal wrote:just had surg this a.m. and am typing one-handed. it went well.
Real soon you'll be throw'n fastballs again.
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!