opposite sex and cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Handgunner45

Post by Handgunner45 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:34 am

Sorry Babette, but I think the only way that modern science has found to remove the female sex drive is for her to get married .

Worked for my first 3 wives......... .
"Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together." --Red Green

http://www.keepsakeacres.com

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:20 am

Handgunner45 wrote:Sorry Babette, but I think the only way that modern science has found to remove the female sex drive is for her to get married .

Yes, it's been proven over and over again that the consumption of wedding cake WILL work.

Den

Nodzy

Post by Nodzy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:42 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Handgunner45 wrote:Sorry Babette, but I think the only way that modern science has found to remove the female sex drive is for her to get married .

Yes, it's been proven over and over again that the consumption of wedding cake WILL work.

Den

Wedding cake? That causes it too?

I always thought it was some word or words in the ceremony that caused a disconnect from reality for some -- and put others, the victims, into a Twilight Zone reality.

For many, though, the ceremony is license to begin unmasking (no pun intended) and slowly reveal the creature within. (Holy-shades-of-second-wife... arrrgh, that hurt my brain to recall.)

I'm me 24-7-365... take it or leave it.

Nodzy

lilsheba

Post by lilsheba » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Nodzy I have a feeling if I were to talk to you more and got to know you more I would be glad you are who you are 24/7/365. I prefer honesty over games any day.

Nodzy

Post by Nodzy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:57 pm

lilsheba wrote:Nodzy I have a feeling if I were to talk to you more and got to know you more I would be glad you are who you are 24/7/365. I prefer honesty over games any day.
Ok... here I blush and my palms get moist. And, no, I won't forgive you for tugging that grin out of me.

Nodzy

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:57 pm

Nodzy wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:

Den

Wedding cake? That causes it too?

I always thought it was some word or words in the ceremony that caused a disconnect from reality for some -- and put others, the victims, into a Twilight Zone reality.

For many, though, the ceremony is license to begin unmasking (no pun intended) and slowly reveal the creature within. (Holy-shades-of-second-wife... arrrgh, that hurt my brain to recall.)

I'm me 24-7-365... take it or leave it.

Nodzy
Yeah.....that word is "OBEY".

(we left it out of our vows.....seems to be working.....coming up on 20 yrs.)

The oft-repeated saying:
A man marries a woman thinking she won't change.....and she does.
A woman marries a man thinking he WILL change......and he doesn't.

Den

Nodzy

Post by Nodzy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:23 pm

Wulfman wrote:Yeah.....that word is "OBEY".

The oft-repeated saying:
A man marries a woman thinking she won't change.....and she does.
A woman marries a man thinking he WILL change......and he doesn't.

Den,

YES... that's it. I didn't dare replay the generic vow in my mind, looking for "the" word or words, for fear of nightmares visiting me tonight.

Nodzy

amandalee

Post by amandalee » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:32 pm

Yeah.....that word is "OBEY".

Ugh, is that word still in some wedding vows???
Glad you decided to leave it out Den... "Obey" is something you teach dogs to do, like "sit" and "stay."

Sorry. That word just irritates me.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:41 pm

Actually.... Since this is a safe place, and very darn few of you will I ever meet in person, I have a confession.

I've always thought this was something wrong with ME. It's ruined darned near every relationship.

It's not WEDDING VOWS. There's something about a man MOVING IN WITH ME, or vice versa, that kills my sex drive. Doesn't have to be married to me. I don't know why. My last boyfriend, he was sleeping over every night, getting up at 4:30 am (and thus waking me up) to run home and shower and change and go to work. Seemed RIDICULOUS to me. We got along great. I said, heck, move in! He did. It went downhill from there.

I really wish I knew why. I've thought it was HIM, it was OUR RELATIONSHIP, it was ME, it was THE DOG, I don't know what all I've thought. But it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME! Drives me nuts.

The best sex? Usually with someone long distance that I can't have access to very often.

WHY????????????????? Any shrinks want to take this one on?

Admitted Psycho B*tch,
Barbara

Nodzy

Post by Nodzy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:46 pm

Seriously, I find no problem with the concept of marriage.

It's that many people pedestalize it as a target, a goal, the end-all and be-all solution for whatever one or more reasons.

Marriage should be a natural, mutual progression into strengthening and protecting the unity, not a mandated task in attempt to certify love and devotion.

Sure, I realize that many marry, both agreeably, for security, medical, property and financial reasons. People marry for all sorts of reasons.

But I'm speaking to the love and desire aspects... marriage should not be a destination, but an enhancement in the shared journey. (I'm stopping here before I get banned from the board for inciting relationship discord.)

Nodzy is exiting this thread.

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:04 pm

babette
have you ever heard of a LAT relationship? LAT stands for Living Apart Together...it's kind of a new trend, especially prevalent among people of a certain age (ie OUR age and older) who want to be part of committed relationships (monogamous and otherwise) but don't want to a) give up their space and move in with someone or b) give up their space by letting someone move in with them...it's something that people are doing when they find they are set in their ways, have a certain way they like things to be, etc, and want to continue living alone, but have long-term relationships...from what i've read, it facilitates keeping the relationship alive, because people continue to date (ie go out to spend time togehter, have occasional sleepovers, etc,) but don't move the relationship to the 'next level' which is too often code for the woman doing all the cooking, cleaning and laundry...before you liberated, evolved guys can jump all over that, please note that i'm not saying it's always like that (my marriage, for example, thank goodness, because i didn't get married so i could be someone's slave, and in a lot of ways our marriage is still like dating ) but in a lot of traditional homes that is still the case...

for you guys who feel that marriage=no more sex, that is something to look at: many women no longer feel sexy when their day is taken up doing scullery maid duty, so a LAT relationship might work for you, too, since you'd be taking care of yourself and leaving your lady lots of time for herself which just might equal more physical expression of mutual attraction; if you're already married/married equivalent, then maybe you should look at how much time is spent making your wife/partner/sig. other feel sexy outside of the five minutes before you plan to jump on her ; not saying everyone is lacking in this area, but it's often one of the first things to go...in other words, for women, it's often that marriage=no more romance...keep in mind, gentlemen: men need sex to feel close but women need to feel close to want sex

ANYWAY...the best part (this is for you, babette) is that you can still have your own space, your own things, your own bank account, your own time and your own way of doing things, while enjoying a long-term dating encounter that never has to turn into a marriage/marriage equivalent

just a thought...

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:33 pm

Another thought.....with a little tongue-in-cheek humor (and reality) thrown in.....

The old standard (joke) line was "not tonight, Dear, I have a headache".

Well, as people get older, there are many more excuses in addition to that one:

I'm too tired.
Back hurts, legs, soulders, neck, (pick a body part).
I want to see what the "Special of the day" is on QVC/HSN/etc.
I want to finish watching......(pick a TV show or movie)
(there are more, but I don't have enough time to list them)

AND THEN......

When you FINALLY get to the "good part"....... THE PHONE RINGS.

Only I know what was real or made up from that list....

Den (happily married to a wonderful woman who puts up with me)

amandalee

Post by amandalee » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Great post Sharon.
This:
the woman doing all the cooking, cleaning and laundry
is one of the things that makes me not ever want to get married. I agree that it's not always like that--my best friend and her husband are a great example of sharing all that household crap equally, and treating eachother with love, respect and equality over all.

However, among some guys that I personally have met, the attitude seems to be that getting married = free maid service for life.
In one of my classes back in college, I sat by some guys who acted this way. Guy A was married with a baby, Guy B was engaged. B came in one day, and started complaining about how much his fiancee's engagement ring cost. A replied, "Well, just think of what you're getting in return... a cook, dishwasher, housecleaner..." and they had a good laugh while I had to bite my lip to keep from asking them how many cows/pigs/goats or other livestock they had to trade for their brides' hand in marriage.

Yet another one of my many relationship issues. I'll shut up now.

Nodzy

Post by Nodzy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Wulfman wrote:Den (happily married to a wonderful woman who puts up with me)

Nodzy (Not quite blissfully single, because anyone who would put up with me is probably embalmed already.)

lilsheba

Post by lilsheba » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:43 pm

Nodzy wrote:
Wulfman wrote:Den (happily married to a wonderful woman who puts up with me)

Nodzy (Not quite blissfully single, because anyone who would put up with me is probably embalmed already.)
Don't be so hard on yourself!