I have a Resmed S8 and over the weekend the outlet it's plugged into got tripped on our circuit breaker. We reset the breaker and I thought everything would be fine as I've unplugged and traveled with the machine. BUT...I woke up Sunday feeling like I hadn't slept a wink. My husband suggested checking the CPAP pressure setting, which I did and found that it was at 4 (the machine's lowest setting) not my usual setting of 9. I reset that, but the next item on the menu was calibration. This read 0.97. Does it also need to be recalibrated? I called my DME, but they haven't called me back.
Also, I noticed in the clinician's manual that I'm only supposed to be using a ResMed mask with this machine? I originally started with Mirage Swift nasal pillows, but couldn't stand them, so I bought a nasal mask online Fisher & Paykel 407, which I love. Would the machine settings need to be readjusted because of a different mask?? Anyone know? Thanks.
pressure setting hosed when power tripped- help please
jluddy01,
You can use any mask with the S8. ResMed only put their masks in the menu (a subtle marketing ploy ), but if you select the nearest ResMed mask to your 407 and use that you should be fine. Otherwise use the Standard option. As I understand it, this feature only affects the leak rate shown on the S8's LCD.
Don't know about the calibration stuff.
Good Luck,
You can use any mask with the S8. ResMed only put their masks in the menu (a subtle marketing ploy ), but if you select the nearest ResMed mask to your 407 and use that you should be fine. Otherwise use the Standard option. As I understand it, this feature only affects the leak rate shown on the S8's LCD.
Don't know about the calibration stuff.
Good Luck,
_________________
| Machine: ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Mask: Mirage Quattro™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Additional Comments: CPAP 14 cm no APAP no Ramp |

