M-series Auto A-flex / software / Vista

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tommy

M-series Auto A-flex / software / Vista

Post by tommy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:48 am

I'm considering buying a M-series Auto A-flex (out of pocket) as a second machine and am confused as to whether I will be able to view the sleep data with my card reader and software.

My current machine is a REMstar Auto C-Flex CPAP with Heated Humidifier and I read the data on my computer with a Smart Card reader and encore pro V1.5.77 software that I bought here. I also use some My Encore software developed by one of the posters here that works great. I find reviewing the data is quite useful to me.

We are going off cruising for 5 years on a boat and I'm nervous about only having one machine in case it dies in some far-off locale. If I buy the M-series Auto A-flex, can someone get me (PMs are OK) the later version of the encore pro software that I would need? I noticed some discussion about sharing the software and don't want to open a can of worms here. I just would like to have two machines (one at a time) that can share the same Card Reader and software

I could just buy another REMstar Auto C-Flex CPAP since it works fine for me, but the smaller size of the M-series and the A-flex features sound desirable. Another complication is that I will only have a notebook computer aboard that is running Vista. My big, home computer will be going in a garage sale before we push off.

I appreciate your advice and collective wisdom.

Tom

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:21 pm

Tom,

Sound like an adventure of a lifetime! I have couple "back-up machines in case my main machine should fail, but neither of them is an APAP. Since it is VERY unlikely that you will ever need the back-up machine I would suggest you buy one of the small base model units such as the Remstar M series or the ResMed S8 or the Puritan Bennett 420G. Save the "big" money for when you replace the main machine... and for your trip

Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

greyhound

Post by greyhound » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:55 pm

If you're running Vista, you probably need version 1.8 of Encore Pro. Unfortunately, this seems nearly impossible to obtain. Not sure whether an A-flex auto running on XP also requires version 1.8

jskinner

Post by jskinner » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:37 pm

greyhound wrote:Not sure whether an A-flex auto running on XP also requires version 1.8
Yes A-flex requires version 1.8 regardless of version of Windows.

Encore Pro Analyzer Author
Facebook Apnea Group

fredpb

Post by fredpb » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:42 pm

Ahhhhh.....Vista..... Microsofts latest shaft to gamers!

I build a Dual Core gaming machine, all rigged out, and made the MISTAKE of getting Vista for it. What unreliable garbage. Major mistake.
Between the dual processors and Vista, games that are not made for vista can be a major hassle.

I have found the same for other software. For instance, a nice expensive sound card. Provided software would not work. I had to order a special CD for it. Then my nice DVD writer came with Nero software, but it won't work on Vista either.....Nero "upgrade" is the full version you have to pay for.
All sorts of problems with Vista. I could go on and on.

If you are thinking of "upgrading" to Vista, wait a long while.
-------------------------
Fred B.
Greenwood, SC

tommy

Post by tommy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:26 pm

Wading,

Why do you think it's unlikely that I'll need the backup machine. My REMstar Auto C-Flex CPAP will be three years old when I push off and salt air can cause troubles with electronics and circuit boards. I've been using it so long, that I can emagine even one night with one. WHEN it dies, why not have another Auto that I can read the sleep data on?

Does anyone know if a Vista machine can use the encore pro V1.5.77 software that I currently have?

I was hoping someone was going to PM me saying don't worry, I'll send you a copy of my version 1.8 of Encore Pro, but no PM yet. I guess I should get another REMstar Auto C-Flex CPAP and vacuum bag it for a rainy (stormy) day.

Tom

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:12 pm

tommy,
do you know how to check your pm's?

tommy

Post by tommy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:54 am

Thanks to the two angels that PMed me. I'll look after I get home since my employer blocks most websites where I work.
Tom

roster

Post by roster » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:19 am

tommy wrote:Thanks to the two angels that PMed me. I'll look after I get home since my employer blocks most websites where I work.
Tom
Click on the "Envelope" icon in the upper right corner of the screen.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related