Setting the date on Respironics BiPap machines

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ProfessorEd

Setting the date on Respironics BiPap machines

Post by ProfessorEd » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:48 pm

I have an BIPAP auto and have noticed the dates as read in Encore are wrong.

I assume there is a clock in the machine that is set wrong but I have not figured out how to set it.

Any advice?

dsm

Post by dsm » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:04 am

Prof Ed

Having had a BiPap that has a bad date, I understand that all these machines are set to GMT internally.

I believe that at Respironics they connect a special datacard in the datacard slot that has a cable attached that allows them to set the date to GMT.

The software on the PC then uses the local timezone to determine the actual local time for the records which come off the machine in GMT time.

DSM

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:50 am

[quote="dsm"]Prof Ed

Having had a BiPap that has a bad date, I understand that all these machines are set to GMT internally.

I believe that at Respironics they connect a special datacard in the datacard slot that has a cable attached that allows them to set the date to GMT.

The software on the PC then uses the local timezone to determine the actual local time for the records which come off the machine in GMT time.

DSM

Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

dsm

Post by dsm » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:39 am

[quote="Patrick A"][quote="dsm"]Prof Ed

DSM

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Handgunner45

Post by Handgunner45 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:45 am

Actually anyone that has an account with respironics as a provider can have access to the software and cabling necessary to adjust the real time clock in the unit. Because we use these units where I work, I have the software and cabling for it. When you do the RTC calibration to the unit it adjusts to the time and date that is set in the computer running the software. It is about a 1 minute procedure. I perform it on all units before they are placed in use initially and for each use thereafter.

"Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together." --Red Green

http://www.keepsakeacres.com