Error Code E-77

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DoggyDoc

Error Code E-77

Post by DoggyDoc » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 am

I have a RemStar Auto w/C-Flex and it was working fine. I left town this morning on a short trip and am in Las Vegas now and when I plug in my machine, It runs to max pressure regardless of the settings for ~30 seconds then stops with an Error code E-77

Please help as I cannot get my spare for 4 days

Handgunner45

Post by Handgunner45 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:25 am

E 77 indicates the pressure sensor is not putting out a signal, either because the sensor is not getting pressure applied to it or the sensor is bad. You would have to open the unit and look to ensure the tube is still connected and not blocked. If it all looks alright, it is a matter of replacing the main PC board, or buying a new unit.
"Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together." --Red Green

http://www.keepsakeacres.com

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:43 am

mmm... i had a similar thing happen once but it gave a completely different error code.

did you happen to just "twist" on the hose?

Things we do when we travel, I was traveling also when it happened, that is where you connect and remove the hose.

If had to twist on your hose and if the rubber coupler on the end of the hose fits tight, it can "twist" the main port "housing" on the machine.

You can see this happening as you install the hose, I remember seeing the lid seperate from the machine, that seems weird. The reason is the lid on the machine only has 1 screw in the center on that end (let's put 2 screws at the other end where there is no stress). But if you twist on the hose, you will see where the lid "lifts" up as you twist on the hose (you can probably still see it happen), if you are not aware of this, you can twist it enough to break off the pressure sensor "barb" on the inside of the machine.

This hose barb has a hose that runs back up to the pressure transducer on the main PCB. This pressure sensor provides feedback to the main PCB, it is part of how it regulates the pressure.

Symptom: When you turn on the machine, it revs up high, searches for a pressure, cannot find it and shuts off with error code on display.

IF this is what happened, it can be repaired with proper tools. You need a Torx screw driver, a brad nail, some superglue and a hot melt glue gun to repair it, then it is better than before.

The problem is with only 1 screw in the center, the lid "flexes" flexes and lifts up allowing the main port to twist inside, the tiny hose inside doesn't have enough slack/room to allow for that twist so it breaks off the barb.

But it could be a failure with the sensor itself. They have a 2yr warranty. If the barb is broken off on the inside, that is a defect, doesn't matter how it happened.

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:08 am

If there is a local branch of your DME supplier handy take your machine to them immediately. (For instance, Lincare or Apria).

If there isn't, call your local DME supplier, explain the problem and ask them to authorize immediate loaner, repair or replacement thru a DME supplier where you presently are.

Your good DME suppliers will make arrangements for a loaner for you (they give up their monthly reimbursement to the supplier where you are presently at) or repair or replacement. Its going to COST them for this so have some sympathy or understanding if they won't make such arrangement for you.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:47 am

Thank you all. You have saved my vacation.

It was the little barb that had indeed broken off. With a little super glue, a waxed tooth pick and a philips screwdriver, I was able to fix it.

Thank you again.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:28 pm

sorry, at the time I was transferring data from my XP laptop to a Mac so I didn't have all my links available, but my machine gave me an E-25 error when it happen, your error was probably the same, the pressure transducer wasn't getting any feedback as handgunner mentioned.

Here is what I did:

Note: this pressure feedback hose does essentially the same thing as the small internal pressure hose found on a 420E. Most machines have this feedback internally as shown, the calculation on done to determine how long a hose you are using is done in the machine, why it is important to use caution when extending the length of your hose. While the Classic was good, it wasn't perfect.

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...