Nasalaire II pillow swap, anyone?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tash

Nasalaire II pillow swap, anyone?

Post by Tash » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi all. I have been using the Activa for the last year, and finally got adventuresome enough to try the Nasalaire II.

I guessed on my nasal prong size, and ordered the medium/medium plus/large combination. I probably should have gone with the small/medium/medium plus combo, but at the time, I thought I had large nostrils (now that I actually have the mask/prongs, and the medium is a tight fit, I have revised my thoughts about having large nostrils).

I am hoping to trade my medium plus or the large nasal prongs for a small nasal prong...once I try both the small and the medium out, then I will trade the remaining "too large" prong for the better fit size.

Also, I haven't searched yet, but does anyone know a fix for the loud, almost whistling noise from the exhalation holes? I am not leaking from the prongs, because there is no noise at all if I cover the exhalation holes...I haven't actually tried the mask for sleep yet - I like the design, but was taken aback a little by the loud exhalation noise- it sounds like what my Activa sounded like when it had a major leak.

Thanks - please PM me if you want to swap pillows...

Sleep well,
Tash

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): activa

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Tash, you might contact Innomed. They used to be very good about sending a different size free if a person guessed wrong. Don't know if they still do that, but worth a try.

Yeah, NA II's loud rushing air sound was awfully noisy when I gave it a try.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Tash

Post by Tash » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:19 pm

Thanks, Rested Gal. I will give their 800 # a try... it's worth a shot. I think I might be able to make the medium work, but I am not sure how comfortable it will be for an actual full night.

Yeah, the noise worries me. I am hoping someone knows a lab rat fix... I haven't a clue how to help minimize it, without other repurcussions..

Anyhow, what's another $90 bucks in the search for mask nirvana, eh?

I hope you are doing well, thanks againfor the suggestion.

Tash

MartiniLover

Post by MartiniLover » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:55 pm

The Nasal Aire II was my first, and now my last with at least a half dozen in between. I love it.

Noise becomes white noise after awhile.

Bipap 13/9, 10ft Hose

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:00 pm

The original NasalAire was my first and only interface for 3 years -- until RG pointed me to the Aura (you had to know that was coming).

I must have huge nares, because I had to use the Large prongs. When the Med-large came out, I got a pair and they leaked.

But I don't remember any noise - unless the covers touched the vent holes. Hmmm, wonder if the original was quieter than the II.

Tash

Post by Tash » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:53 pm

I have slept with it for two nights now, haven't checked my nuimbers yet, but I like the interface. It is louder than my Activa, but I am getting used to the noise... I do still need to try a smaller size pillows, the the medium definitely doesn't leak because I have to cram into my nares, but I should have that resolved soon, too.

Sleep well, all.
Tash