Waking, unrelated to CPAP therapy?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lastmango
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:43 am

Waking, unrelated to CPAP therapy?

Post by lastmango » Mon Aug 10, 2026 12:53 pm

67 yo male, healthy, active, and 15 year CPAP user. I believe that the therapy is working well and has for quite some time, my AHI is routinely around one or two only.

I find myself falling asleep immediately and sleeping very well until about 3am or 4 AM, and then wake up wide awake. I am done either awake or getting very poor sleep after that.

I know it may not be therapy related but wondering if anyone else experiences anything similar, and have found any success? I feel my sleep Hygiene is very good, for example, I stick to a regular bedtime, I don’t eat or drink much in the evenings, I stay off the electronics, etc.

Any ideas or feedback?

_________________
MachineMask
Additional Comments: Chinstrap

Sleepzilla
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2025 3:39 pm

Re: Waking, unrelated to CPAP therapy?

Post by Sleepzilla » Mon Aug 10, 2026 2:48 pm

.
Last edited by Sleepzilla on Fri Sep 11, 2026 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 11491
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Waking, unrelated to CPAP therapy?

Post by zonker » Mon Aug 10, 2026 9:15 pm

lastmango wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 10, 2026 12:53 pm


Any ideas or feedback?
was this happening before cpap?
"Age is not an accomplishment and youth is not a sin"-Robert A. Heinlein
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg