Very unhappy morning

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nawchem

Re: Very unhappy morning

Post by nawchem » Sun May 26, 2024 2:20 pm

vandownbytheriver wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 9:30 pm
nawchem wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 9:38 am
When I put the mask on I had to breath very fast for 20 minutes to get enough air, my heart was palpitating.
This is Not How CPAP Works. The harder and faster you breathe the less oxygen and more CO2 you breathe. Either breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth (for nasal/pillows masks) until you've calmed down or wait until you've caught your breath before putting on the mask (for full-face).

The system is only designed to exchange oxygen and CO2 at a slow rate. The faster and harder you breathe the less oxygen you get.
I've been trying to sleep sitting I don't feel air deprived that way, well it worked once.
Machine: Resmed Airsense 11 CPAP Elite
Mask: Resmed Airfit P10

nawchem

Post by nawchem » Sun May 26, 2024 2:32 pm

So the 2 nights I used the machine, I felt so much better in the morning, by 11am exhaustion hit. Very badly yesterday, couldn't even get to the computer. Everything on the machineis on lock-down, even in clinical mode. When I woke up yesterday I'd had a dream, almost never happens, the pressure was 10.9. Ahi for the last 2 nights was 0.6 and 0.5 I slept 11 hours.

Last night nothing was going right, I tried putting a crimp in the line, plugging the nasal pillows but neither raised the pressure much. The humidity was 80%, experiencing rainout. After an hour went back to my broken machine. Slept another 11 hours but feel rested. Until they fix the pressure it isn't going to work for me. They say they can't download the old machine data (12-20) so I'm bringing them the card. Since its all been taken out of my hands it's their problem to fix it!

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun May 26, 2024 7:17 pm

About that lock-down. Try putting the machine in airplane mode and see whether you can change your pressure settings then.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

bbridge_GA

Post by bbridge_GA » Mon May 27, 2024 5:49 am

nawchem wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 2:32 pm
So the 2 nights I used the machine, I felt so much better in the morning, by 11am exhaustion hit. Very badly yesterday, couldn't even get to the computer. Everything on the machineis on lock-down, even in clinical mode. When I woke up yesterday I'd had a dream, almost never happens, the pressure was 10.9. Ahi for the last 2 nights was 0.6 and 0.5 I slept 11 hours.

Last night nothing was going right, I tried putting a crimp in the line, plugging the nasal pillows but neither raised the pressure much. The humidity was 80%, experiencing rainout. After an hour went back to my broken machine. Slept another 11 hours but feel rested. Until they fix the pressure it isn't going to work for me. They say they can't download the old machine data (12-20) so I'm bringing them the card. Since its all been taken out of my hands it's their problem to fix it!
I'll leave your machine problems to someone else. Before starting CPAP therapy, I hadn't had a dream in years. I think my apneas and related arousals were keeping me from staying in REM, the sleep stage where dreaming occurs. Since being on CPAP, I dream every night and my fitbit shows how much time I get in REM and deep sleep.

Airsense 10 APAP
Wisp mask
Pressure 7-15

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon May 27, 2024 7:42 am

nawchem wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 2:32 pm
I tried putting a crimp in the line, plugging the nasal pillows but neither raised the pressure much
WTH?

nawchem wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 2:18 pm
They aren't making much sense to me.

I plan to visit the lab on Tuesday and ask what model I have.
Save the planet a trip. Get a free account at SleepHQ.com, upload the data from your SD card, and post the link to the analysis from SleepHQ.com to this thread. (It will show the machine model and all the settings.)

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Mon May 27, 2024 6:37 pm

It looks like they are now putting the name of the model of the Resmed Airsense 11 on the left side just above the air filter inlet cover.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

nawchem

Post by nawchem » Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:58 pm

Thanks so much for the replies and good ideas. I have an Airsense 11, in spite of the product manual I received.

The clinic raised my starting pressure to 8 which made a world of difference. I still have issues but at least I'm sleeping. Today was my first visit to the gym to workout in a long time, 1st thing in the morning. I feel somewhat less tired.

It has been a difficult adaptation using a new manufacturer's machine, new pressure settings and a new mask. I also quit a 26 year old benadryl habit recently.

It takes me hours to fall asleep at night now. I go to bed at 9 each night. I end up waking up at 930 instead of 545 in the morning. The AHI has been high in those early hours 1.7, overall night 0.9 to 0.2. I'm doing a titration but it isn't until October.

The doctor put me on 300 mg gabapentin to help getting off benadryl, I also take 10mgs melatonin. I take these right before I lie down. Do you think it's the timing causing the insomnia?

I'm going to try airplane mode. Everything is locked down in clinical mode as well. I feel I'm doing something naughty trying to fix these problems. I checked out sleep hq website, I probably have to get my old computer fixed. This chromebook erases everything when you close it so you don't get hacked. It is checked out from the library. My old computer has the card reader I need.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:42 pm

nawchem wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:58 pm
The AHI has been high in those early hours 1.7
That's not high. What's the breakdown? AHI, CA, H?
nawchem wrote:
10mgs melatonin
I would get rid of that.
nawchem wrote:
I take these right before I lie down. Do you think it's the timing causing the insomnia?
If the gabapentin is helping you to sleep, it takes about an hour to kick in.
nawchem wrote:
This chromebook erases everything when you close it so you don't get hacked. It is checked out from the library.
Your data in SleepHQ is saved on the SleepHQ server. You can connect with any internet-capable computer. Your data will not be erased when you log out. You do need to remember your SleepHQ ID and password.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

nawchem

Post by nawchem » Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:13 pm

Thanks ChicagoGranny.

I have no ability to see breakdown, the machine puts it all under AHI. I put the card in the machine last night will try SleepHQ. I just realized I don't have the card reader :oops:

I'm not sure the gaba helps me sleep, it is helping the nerve damage in my feet though. I need to check in with the GP to see if it is worth it to stay on it. I haven't had true sleep normalcy in a long time.

I signed up for SleepHQ ran to get the card and realized the slider is upside down and there was no card inside. Does this sound right? If so, a search for the card will ensue just when I was so close to seeing some data!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:42 pm

nawchem wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:13 pm
I just realized I don't have the card reader
Are you sure? Most laptops have a built-in card reader. It's a small slot and can be hard to find.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

nawchem

Post by nawchem » Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:00 pm

No reader on this computer. However, I can make changes in Airplane mode!

My pressure was 11 last night. Is that max or 95% max?

My AHI was 0.5
obstructive 0.1
central 0.2

What is the rest of the AHI?

It looks like its not the pressure, I should be fine 8-15.

Maybe the fatigue is low blood sugar.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:25 pm

nawchem wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:00 pm
My pressure was 11 last night. Is that max or 95% max?
If you are getting that 11 number off the LCD screen on your machine then that 11 is a 95% number.
All that means is for 95% of the night you were AT OR BELOW that 11 cm pressure. You can't tell about the other 5 % or the max without using available software to see the actual graphs.
nawchem wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:00 pm
My AHI was 0.5
obstructive 0.1
central 0.2

What is the rest of the AHI?
Your hyponea index is 0.2

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

nawchem

Post by nawchem » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:53 pm

Thanks Pugsy!

nawchem

Post by nawchem » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:05 pm

Trying to find correct items for SleepyHQ.

Will this work for reader? TSV USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader for SD, SDHC, SDXC, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC, All-in-One Design - USB 3.0 Micro SD and SD Card Reader fits for Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome, PC, Laptop

Will any SD card that is 32GB?

nawchem

Post by nawchem » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:06 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:52 pm
No don’t leave it turned on without you present.
I just realized how funny you are!