Transcend Micro Mask Compatibility

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
haroldb

Transcend Micro Mask Compatibility

Post by haroldb » Fri May 24, 2024 2:29 pm

I have been happily using the Transcend Micro with a Resmed Airfit P10 for a couple of years. Recently I tried to use my Micro with the Resmed Airfit F20 full face mask and they won’t work together. I’ve tried more than one F20, and verified the ones I tried work on other CPAP machines. So what happens? The exhalation vents won’t operate properly. When you start to inhale the pressure from the Micro doesn’t cause them to close, allowing the air from the Micro to leak. A strong inhale will cause them to “snap” closed until the next exhale, but this is clearly useless from the standpoint of a CPAP.

So, have others gotten the F20 to work with the Micro? Or experienced problems with other masks? Any solution? One thing odd about the Micro is that I can’t find a setting for mask type, something common on other CPAP machines. Is it there and I’m just missing it?

Otherwise I keep wondering if this is a general problem with the Micro or something unique to my machine.

Thanks in advance!

ChicagoGranny

Re: Transcend Micro Mask Compatibility

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri May 24, 2024 3:56 pm

What are your pressure settings?

haroldb

Post by haroldb » Thu May 30, 2024 11:41 am

The defaults. So auto, minimum is 4 and maximum is 20. Starting is 4. AirRelief 0, GentleRise Ramp Disabled.

haroldb

Post by haroldb » Fri May 31, 2024 10:28 am

Transcend has replied to me that their testing shows this also happens with the AirMini and that it stops when pressure rises to 5 or 6. They've suggested raising the starting pressure accordingly. So I have a solution, sort of.

The problem for me is that I have many nights where my pressure stays under 5, so I'm not so sure I want to raise the starting pressure. Oh well, things to ponder.