Lowenstein algorithm for early inhalation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jlsmithseven

Lowenstein algorithm for early inhalation

Post by jlsmithseven » Fri May 24, 2024 3:48 am

So I have been struggling to get used to the early release of iPap with my lowenstein prisma 20a. The timing of breathes make it very hard to fall asleep with it. With my airsense 11 my exhale relief is full then it waits for me to inhale which is great but then when I need the inhale it takes a while. Any suggestions? Can I make it act like my a11 while I’m awake then do the algorithm while asleeep? I tried ramp and it behaves the same way.

ChicagoGranny

Re: Lowenstein algorithm for early inhalation

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri May 24, 2024 7:59 am

jlsmithseven wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:48 am
The timing of breathes make it very hard to fall asleep with it.
When I had problems like this, the solution was distracting my mind from breathing. Think of a pleasant, quiet activity. For me, it was lying on a beach on a warm day under an umbrella with a gentle breeze and the gentle sound of surf. If I could forget about breathing, the algorithm worked fine. (We breathe most of the time without thinking about it. I've been up a few hours, and reading your post was the first time I thought about breathing. The autonomic nervous system knows how to breathe without our interference.)

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat May 25, 2024 8:21 am

According to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXA0ZIWj1Y (Yes, it's Nick of CPAP Reviews) the way pressure relief function in the Lowenstein machines is very different from the way it functions in Resmed machines.
Apparently you're feeling it.
You're asking if you can set exhale pressure relief on that machine to start working only when you're asleep - I doubt that exists in any machine.

You're used to way the was the Resmed works. :) You'll have to train yourself to get used to the machine's different feel.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sat May 25, 2024 11:47 am

Yes I’m finding that out. Last evening I was able to finally sleep with it on. Only for four hours though. That’s more than the previous nights when I took it off after an hour each night not being able to fall asleep. Hope each day gets better because my Oscar waveform and rest was great this morning.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sat May 25, 2024 2:46 pm

Is it bad to have it start at 5ipap and 4 epap? That is how I fell asleep any higher it is too much to fall asleep. I have it starting at 6ipap once I fall asleep and my old settings on air 11 were 9 iPap with 3 epr

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat May 25, 2024 3:30 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 2:46 pm
Is it bad to have it start at 5ipap and 4 epap?
If it works for you, it works.

When you sleep with those settings, what's your AHI?

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sat May 25, 2024 3:51 pm

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat May 25, 2024 3:57 pm

You're good.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Mon May 27, 2024 4:10 am

This is my most recent night.