AirSense11 Air Leak

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nemo48

AirSense11 Air Leak

Post by Nemo48 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 am

What is an acceptable air leak result on an AirSense11? I get varied results. Last night was a 13L leak. Usually it's a bit less, occasionally a zero. It's bothersome to tighten the straps resulting in too much pressure on my face.
CPAP user since Summer 2023

Pugsy

Re: AirSense11 Air Leak

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 20, 2024 3:12 pm

Any leak no matter how big or how little it is that WAKES YOU UP is unacceptable because it is disturbing your sleep for one thing.

After that if you are sleeping through the leaks then ResMed's line in the sand is 24 L/min for the beginning of large leak territory and IMHO that's an ultra conservative number. The machine doesn't really start having a problem recording, sensing or responding until we are above 30 L/min in excess leak.

Remember that ResMed machine are reporting EXCESS ONLY leak which doesn't include the vent rate.

If you are staying below 24 L/min and the leaks aren't disturbing your sleep then you are fine.

ResMed won't even give you a Mr Red Frowny face for leak management until you spend 30% or more of the night above 24 L/min.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Nemo48

Post by Nemo48 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:58 pm

Thanks for this informative, helpful explanation. I don't wake up because of air leaks; only occasionally to make my bladder gladder.
CPAP user since Summer 2023

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Mon May 20, 2024 10:15 pm

The Airsense 11 has a known hose connection issue, watch this video and see if you have this problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAs01WRPtGk

alancalan

Post by alancalan » Tue May 21, 2024 11:19 am

I went to send this and of course I got that message saying that you can connect and then whatever I wrote was gone. I'll save it first this time. I keep forgetting this happens here.

So I watched the video and the RTS were sending back the airsense 11 and they're coming back with the message saying nothing is wrong but they replaced them all and I assume now they're working.

So can we assume that the air curve 11 does not have that problem cuz they've already seen it on the air since 11 and have corrected?

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Tue May 21, 2024 12:09 pm

alancalan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:19 am
So can we assume that the air curve 11 does not have that problem cuz they've already seen it on the air since 11 and have corrected?
Whatever... just get your 11 and enjoy it, and be aware of the many issues. I have heard nothing about a fix for the hose issue. Good luck.