Aircurve 10 ASV vs 11 ASV ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ric

Aircurve 10 ASV vs 11 ASV ?

Post by Ric » Mon May 20, 2024 7:41 pm

This may have been addressed many times earlier, sorry if this is redundant...
I will be getting an Aircurve "ASV" in the near future. I see a lot of discussion about how much better the 10 is vs the 11 (not specifically the "ASV" model). Wondering if the same issues apply to the "ASV" in particular, and if one is really better than the other? Are there still unresolved issues with the "11" version that I should be aware of, and in objective terms what are the pros and cons? Even a link to a previous thread would be appreciated :D
(Sorry, I can't search on "ASV" specifically (too short), and "Aircurve 10 ASV" gets ~8000 hits, mostly non ASV :( )
He who dies with the most masks wins.

vandownbytheriver

Re: Aircurve 10 ASV vs 11 ASV ?

Post by vandownbytheriver » Mon May 20, 2024 10:13 pm

I prefer the 10 series due to the longevity in the market and the larger, more robust motor. The ASV series was not available in the 11 until recently. There have been firmware issues with the 11 series, resolved by a series of updates... they included a microphone to listen for problems, I assume related to the smaller cheaper motor. My understanding is that at higher pressures the 11 series is louder than the 10's... there is a lot of sound insulation in the 11 that is not needed in the 10. The base hardware of the 10 series are all the same... I assume the same for the 11 series... just a firmware change difference.

Ric

Post by Ric » Tue May 21, 2024 10:31 am

Thank you, that is helpful !
He who dies with the most masks wins.

Funkdoobiest

Post by Funkdoobiest » Mon May 27, 2024 8:36 am

I've had my ASV 11 for 6 weeks now and and it works every bit as good as the 10. The transition wasn't noticeable. It seems as quiet as the 10 if not quieter. The only things I don't like is the water tub but the 10s water tub sucked also, and the screen is hard to read.