standard or soft response

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onward60

Re: standard or soft response

Post by onward60 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:19 pm

ozij wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:10 am

You've got me thoroughly confused.
This is the night of May 8th.
https://sleephq.com/public/4d1b5b83-9f8 ... fd7f1fbd46

These are the settings for that night:
Mask Pillows
Mode APAP
Pressure min 7.0 cmH2O
Pressure max 14.0 cmH2O
EPR level 3 cmH2O
Humidity level 5
Ramp pressure 6 cmH2O
Ramp time

Just to be clear: those are the settings I think you should stick to, and stick to the for a week or two.
Sorry. I didn't realize the May 8th settings were the same as what I saw on the machine this morning. I am doing what you suggested, not making any changes for a week or two. Accidentally last night but on purpose now. :thumbsup:

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri May 10, 2024 7:27 pm

:)

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sat May 11, 2024 5:20 am

Lots of good people here to help. I went through a year long struggle changing so many settings and even collapsed and bought lankyleftys video evaluation. It was my last step because I couldn’t figure anything out myself.

While he gave me some good information, I think watching all his videos helped me more than anything. I tried to dial in my pressures and during the consult he had me raise my pressures way too high and nothing was comfortable. It was really a waste but I needed to try it because I couldn’t figure it anything out.

Now, I know what works for me. Epr of 3 works great for me but many don’t like it. I get so much better sleep with it but my pressures do need to be higher. I dialed it in now that most nights are good enough and so much better than without it. I think it adds way too much stress just thinking about all the settings you can change. Go with what works and slowly dial it from there, that’s all I can say.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Sat May 11, 2024 12:17 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 5:20 am
Lots of good people here to help. I went through a year long struggle changing so many settings and even collapsed and bought lankyleftys video evaluation. It was my last step because I couldn’t figure anything out myself.

While he gave me some good information, I think watching all his videos helped me more than anything. I tried to dial in my pressures and during the consult he had me raise my pressures way too high and nothing was comfortable. It was really a waste but I needed to try it because I couldn’t figure it anything out.

Now, I know what works for me. Epr of 3 works great for me but many don’t like it. I get so much better sleep with it but my pressures do need to be higher. I dialed it in now that most nights are good enough and so much better than without it. I think it adds way too much stress just thinking about all the settings you can change. Go with what works and slowly dial it from there, that’s all I can say.
This is very, very helpful, thank you.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun May 12, 2024 11:08 pm

@onward60
I would have sent you a PM - but your Private Messages seem to be off.

Rubicon has given a response to your "flow limitations" thread, which you absolutely should read.

viewtopic.php?p=1456074#p1456078

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023