Airsense 11 Central AI Question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
galeforcewinds

Re: Airsense 11 Central AI Question

Post by galeforcewinds » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:26 pm

My subjective sense is that the quality of sleep I'm getting is quite good (I feel great), though I do notice I'm sleeping less (~7 hours real-time and about 6 hours on Oura/Fitibit with lower sleep scores [75]), but I feel pretty good so I'm not that concerned about the Oura scores.
New CPAP user here too. I've noticed something similar. Before CPAP, my Fitbit regularly gave me scores in the 80s. Very rarely, I would score above 90. With CPAP, my scores have become much more variable: I'm getting a lot more scores above 90 and a lot more scores below 80.

The reason for the lower scores is that I am "short" sleeping a lot more. Atypically for me, I often wake up around 5:00ish and can't go back to sleep. My theory about this--and it is just a theory--is that my sleep has become more consolidated and efficient, so that I have less "sleep pressure" if I happen to be misfortunate enough to wake up an hour or so early.

The reason for my higher scores primarily is the result of higher restoration scores. Both my Fitbit and my oximeter (when I decide to wear it) are reporting consistently lower heart rates at night. My heart rates were not particularly bad before, but I am seeing much more time spent under 60 beats per minutes than before.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:06 pm

galeforcewinds wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:26 pm

The reason for the lower scores is that I am "short" sleeping a lot more. Atypically for me, I often wake up around 5:00ish and can't go back to sleep.
what time do you go to bed?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

slowmo2000

Post by slowmo2000 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:05 pm

galeforcewinds wrote:
My subjective sense is that the quality of sleep I'm getting is quite good (I feel great), though I do notice I'm sleeping less (~7 hours real-time and about 6 hours on Oura/Fitibit with lower sleep scores [75]), but I feel pretty good so I'm not that concerned about the Oura scores.
New CPAP user here too. I've noticed something similar. Before CPAP, my Fitbit regularly gave me scores in the 80s. Very rarely, I would score above 90. With CPAP, my scores have become much more variable: I'm getting a lot more scores above 90 and a lot more scores below 80.

The reason for the lower scores is that I am "short" sleeping a lot more. Atypically for me, I often wake up around 5:00ish and can't go back to sleep. My theory about this--and it is just a theory--is that my sleep has become more consolidated and efficient, so that I have less "sleep pressure" if I happen to be misfortunate enough to wake up an hour or so early.

The reason for my higher scores primarily is the result of higher restoration scores. Both my Fitbit and my oximeter (when I decide to wear it) are reporting consistently lower heart rates at night. My heart rates were not particularly bad before, but I am seeing much more time spent under 60 beats per minutes than before.
This is super interesting and I'm suspecting something similar is happening (higher quality of sleep leading to less sleep time). TBH, I would love for my Oura scores to come back up :lol: I haven't noticed any real dips in my heart rate, though my resting HR is about 50 and at night I typically dip between 43 - 45 BPM. Will keep an eye on this and will be better about wearing my O2 ring (so many devices!)

galeforcewinds

Post by galeforcewinds » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:41 pm

zonker wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:06 pm
galeforcewinds wrote:

The reason for the lower scores is that I am "short" sleeping a lot more. Atypically for me, I often wake up around 5:00ish and can't go back to sleep.
Typically somewhere between 10:00 and 10:30. According to Fitbit, I fell asleep around 10:30 last night, and woke up around 4:45. Recorded 6 hours sleep for me.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:03 pm

galeforcewinds wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:41 pm
zonker wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:06 pm
galeforcewinds wrote:

Typically somewhere between 10:00 and 10:30. According to Fitbit, I fell asleep around 10:30 last night, and woke up around 4:45. Recorded 6 hours sleep for me.
from what i've read on the forum over the years, this is by no means unusual. you also said, though i forgot to quote it-"my sleep has become more consolidated and efficient". this seems to be the case with me and others. i turn out the light at 11 pm and wake up at 5 am.

that is, if i'm lucky. i also have sleep maintenance insomnia so i can also wake up at 3 am. but i'm trending toward 5 am, so that's good.

at any rate, what i'm trying to say is that our cases don't seem to be unusual.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg