Cervical collar for a weak chin?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ejbpesca

Re: Cervical collar for a weak chin?

Post by ejbpesca » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:19 am

I tried the Corflex collar for two nights. The first night went well but last night serious neck pain resulted. I have a metal plate screwed to my cervical vertebra C 2-3-4 so maybe that makes a collar not an option. In my latest quest for better OSCAR reports and sleep I am using:

1. mouth tape
2. collar
3. thin pillow
4. EPR set to full time 2
5. Tonight Max. pressure will be set to 20 since at 18.6 it pegs out often

Last night's OSCAR report is very discouraging. Please take a look and give suggestions as they will be much appreciated.

ooops cannot attach file due to lack of data space.
I will search for the site where images can be loaded then URL posted for viewing.
Found it. Here's the iMGUR link to my OSCAR report:

https://imgur.com/a/EYqqjdU

ejbpesca

Post by ejbpesca » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:36 pm

I failed to remove some pillows down to one thin one for the first half of this report. I had fallen asleep sitting up. Second half, I had wakened removed extra pillows, and moved to side sleeping with only one thin pillow. I had tape and collar on with full face mask. The collar may have been too loose. I wonder if this is an example of what chin tucking can do.

https://imgur.com/a/vXNZEGu

ejbpesca

Post by ejbpesca » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:48 am

It's been 25 days since my post of a very awful looking OSCAR report with no replies. Maybe it is too bizarre for a comment. I know how busy volunteers here must be.

Since then I have given up on a collar and mouth taping. So little air will pass through my nose at times, I need an open mouth available for breathing.

I am not adapting to a cervical collar. It wakes me due to irritation. I've tried Corflex and another with a nice cover.

I am getting better sleep and fewer apneas by raising my Min. pressure to 13.6. I may have UARS. I fit the profile for it.

The problem with high Min. pressure is aerophagia.

Last edited by ejbpesca on Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:56 am

ejbpesca wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:48 am
It's been 25 days since my post of a very awful looking OSCAR report with no replies. I know how busy volunteers here must be.
So what do you expect as a reply to that ugly report?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ejbpesca

Post by ejbpesca » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:06 am

I asked the question if this looked like "chin tucking." With research I see it could be.

Thanks for the reply.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:36 am

ejbpesca wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:06 am
I asked the question if this looked like "chin tucking." With research I see it could be.

Thanks for the reply.
I don't know. I don't think I have ever seen documented evidence or proof of "chin tucking".
Doesn't mean much other than I have no specific evidence or proof or not.
Probably the reason you didn't get a response was no one else either could answer the question with any level of certainty.

That ugly report could also simply have been sub optimal therapy pressure due to positional sleeping as in you were on your back during that time frame.
It wouldn't be impossible that you simply need pressures greater than 20 cm to deal with whatever it is that causes that ugliness.

I don't usually reply when I don't know the answer....perhaps others made the same choice ...no reply because they didn't have an answer.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ejbpesca

Post by ejbpesca » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:40 am

Thank you for the reply and opinion on positional issues and possible need for higher pressure.