Long time user.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Aretino

Re: Long time user.

Post by Aretino » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:46 am

Tec5 has an good question. Does a CDL Drivers doctor report the CPAP requirement to the authorities?

Aretino

Drivers with a CDL

Post by Aretino » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:59 am

Federal Regulations and Sleep Apnea: While there’s no federal law requiring sleep apnea testing for commercial drivers, the FMCSA states that any medical condition affecting safe driving can disqualify you. Successful treatment for sleep apnea can reinstate your “medically-qualified-to-drive” status.

Diagnosis Consequences: If diagnosed with moderate to severe sleep apnea, you will lose your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). However, treatment and approval from a medical examiner can allow you to reapply.

CPAP Compliance: To maintain your CDL, you must show CPAP compliance, defined as using the therapy for an average of four hours each night for at least 70% of the nights.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:27 pm

Per the original post "I was removed from usage by a home sleep test"

He isn't required to use cpap anymore but he wants to because he snores on his back is the way I read the post.

CPapNinja

Post by CPapNinja » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:32 am

Tec5 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:16 am
Just a question:
As a truck driver, do you have to prove to someone that you are using CPAP to maintain your driving credentials?
Just asking.
Yes. Your two year physical gets reduced to one year and every year you have to get a print out of three months usage at 70 percent. If not they tell you that you can’t drive until you do. It’s ridiculous

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:03 pm

We can offer you more help if you provide us with more information. You can get an SD card cheaply at WalMart. If you download Oscar and post charts here then we can offer you much better help than we can now. Then you can sleep much more comfortably with your machine and have better therapy. It's up to you.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

CPapNinja

Post by CPapNinja » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:30 am

Deborah K. wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:03 pm
We can offer you more help if you provide us with more information. You can get an SD card cheaply at WalMart. If you download Oscar and post charts here then we can offer you much better help than we can now. Then you can sleep much more comfortably with your machine and have better therapy. It's up to you.
I may do that. Thanks. One last question. I found how to set up the clinical side and that’s going fine. I came home this morning to a message on the machine that says “your prescription has been update”. Any idea what that means. I’m trying to use this machine out of the realm of drs and dot physicians. I have the machine on airplane mode. Can the tell where the machine is?

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:15 am

I'm pretty sure the message on your CPAP is just reporting the pressure change you made to your machine. I wouldn't worry about it. If you are using airplane mode I don't think anyone but you can see that you made a change. I think that is the point of airplane mode.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm

CPapNinja wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:30 am
I have the machine on airplane mode. Can the tell where the machine is?
As long as you keep the machine in Airplane mode 24 x 7, nothing uploads. If you take it out of Airplane mode for just a short time, it might upload your data.
CPapNinja wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:30 am
I came home this morning to a message on the machine that says “your prescription has been update”. Any idea what that means.
It's probably what DK said. If it were me, I would just check the pressure settings to make sure they are still what you want.

surf_rower

Post by surf_rower » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:56 pm

I went without any sleep doctor or monitoring for the last 8+ years. I read my SD card on Sleepyhead myself (software downloaded from this forum), and everything was fine all that time, "pounds" set for 6, no ramp setting, no change in events all that time. So, you should be able to do the same. But, it is nice to be able to read your own data to just check it once in awhile when maybe you aren't sleeping as well, or suspect leaks, or whatever.
ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet
Mask: ResMed N30i with cushion