ResMed Airsense 11 Inhalation sound ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RickieVz

ResMed Airsense 11 Inhalation sound ?

Post by RickieVz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:36 pm

Recently I’ve started to hear myself inhaling and sounds like it’s coming from the humidifier tank. I’ve removed and put it back. Water is at the max level but I can’t figure it out.

Anyone else has this issue?

Checking on OSCAR, it does not show any leaks.

Airsense 11 Autoset, set to CPAP, 7.0 cmH2O, EPR Fulltime 3 cmH2O, Dreamwear Pillow.

CPAPExplorer

Re: ResMed Airsense 11 Inhalation sound ?

Post by CPAPExplorer » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:36 pm

Have same issue. I hear myself inhale. Don't know what's the cause. Provider doesn't either. 🤨

Honeyb

Post by Honeyb » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:59 am

Try removing your humidifier and firmly place it back in. You may have to use a little force (not enough to damage).

If that does not work - remove the hose and the humidifier. The outlet where the hose go inside will have a gray latch where you can press it and remove the outlet. Make sure the gasket is not damaged and place the outlet back inside. You will hear a click that let you know it is securely in place. Place the hose back in as well as the humidifier and that should fix it. If that does not fix it, it is likely you need to contact your DME and get another machine.

I had this issue the very first night of my CPAP therapy and of course my DME was closed and it was on a Friday night. Saturday morning I reviewed a 1-minute video on YouTube and the above instructions solved the problem.

Hope this helps.

CPAPExplorer

Post by CPAPExplorer » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:24 pm

Honeyb wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:59 am
Try removing your humidifier and firmly place it back in. You may have to use a little force (not enough to damage).

If that does not work - remove the hose and the humidifier. The outlet where the hose go inside will have a gray latch where you can press it and remove the outlet. Make sure the gasket is not damaged and place the outlet back inside. You will hear a click that let you know it is securely in place. Place the hose back in as well as the humidifier and that should fix it. If that does not fix it, it is likely you need to contact your DME and get another machine.

I had this issue the very first night of my CPAP therapy and of course my DME was closed and it was on a Friday night. Saturday morning I reviewed a 1-minute video on YouTube and the above instructions solved the problem.

Hope this helps.
None of this worked for me and my DME doesn't care, doesn't know whats the cause, just said to muffle the sound with music 🙄

Honeyb

Post by Honeyb » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:48 pm

@cpapexplorer: Contact your insurance company to let them know you received a malfunctioning machine. It is not supposed to make that noise, there is not to be any feedback of inhalation with your machine. It is very quiet. The DME is supposed to either come out or have you bring it in to see what the issue could be. When you complete your therapy does it say you had great mask seal for the night?

CPAPExplorer

Post by CPAPExplorer » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:22 am

Honeyb wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:48 pm
@cpapexplorer: Contact your insurance company to let them know you received a malfunctioning machine. It is not supposed to make that noise, there is not to be any feedback of inhalation with your machine. It is very quiet. The DME is supposed to either come out or have you bring it in to see what the issue could be. When you complete your therapy does it say you had great mask seal for the night?
I'm in Canada. My provider just responded by I don't know what it is but your machine is treating your apneas so thats all that counts.

When I complete my therapy I have great seal, zero leaks (I tape my mouth).

Found this video, this is what mine does : https://www.facebook.com/1557961371/vid ... 487399089/

Honeyb

Post by Honeyb » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:32 am

Ok. Make sure when you fill your tank that it is under the "Max" line. Don't fill it to or above the "Max" line, that was what my DME instructed me to do as well as make sure your hose is not all the way into the elbow, you need to still see some of the white part of the hose.

One more thing, does your tank still have water in it because the sound could be that you have exhausted all of your water?

Hope you can get the issue resolved. :)

CPAPExplorer

Post by CPAPExplorer » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:22 am

Honeyb wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:32 am
Ok. Make sure when you fill your tank that it is under the "Max" line. Don't fill it to or above the "Max" line, that was what my DME instructed me to do as well as make sure your hose is not all the way into the elbow, you need to still see some of the white part of the hose.

One more thing, does your tank still have water in it because the sound could be that you have exhausted all of your water?

Hope you can get the issue resolved. :)
All is well connected, water is either at min level or between min and max level and I never run out of water.

CPAPExplorer

Post by CPAPExplorer » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:25 am

RickieVz wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:36 pm
Recently I’ve started to hear myself inhaling and sounds like it’s coming from the humidifier tank. I’ve removed and put it back. Water is at the max level but I can’t figure it out.

Anyone else has this issue?

Checking on OSCAR, it does not show any leaks.
did you figure out the problem ?

CPAPExplorer

Post by CPAPExplorer » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:11 pm

🦗 👀

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:06 pm

I've had this happen when the water basin isn't attached correctly. Sometimes it just doesn't attach right so take out the inside piece and keep messing with it until you can't hear yourself.

Gijeff58

Post by Gijeff58 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:38 pm

I been using my resmed now for about 2 weeks. I know the sounds your describing and I'm just finally getting used to them, your just not used to hearing those noises. My tank would expand and contract when I breathed and was driving me crazy. I had a velcro strap laying around that was the right size and I close the lid a push down had and strap it down that helped a great deal.

CPAPExplorer

Post by CPAPExplorer » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:04 am

Gijeff58 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:38 pm
I been using my resmed now for about 2 weeks. I know the sounds your describing and I'm just finally getting used to them, your just not used to hearing those noises. My tank would expand and contract when I breathed and was driving me crazy. I had a velcro strap laying around that was the right size and I close the lid a push down had and strap it down that helped a great deal.
Tried this, still does the sound