Issue with my Dad’s Luna G3 CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kerberos226

Post by Kerberos226 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:08 pm

My dad is having an issue with his machine in which it will start but as soon as he puts the mask on the air stops flowing. We thought it may have been the mask leaking but even with it removed slightly covering the hole for the tube with a single finger shuts the air off as well. We have tried turning on auto on and auto off and turning them back on again as well as turning the machine off and on again. The filter is new and not clogged as well.
If anyone knows what’s causing this it would be greatly appreciated as for now he is having to sleep without his cpap and I’m quite worried for him.

SleepGeek

Re: Issue with my Dad’s Luna G3 CPAP

Post by SleepGeek » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:57 am

Kerberos226 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:08 pm
If this Luna is under warranty see about getting it replaced with a Resmed. Meanwhile keep an eye out for a gently used Resmed Auto to use. Speak directly with his insurance to find out his options under warranty.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:09 am

the reason sleepgeek suggests replacing the luna with a resmed is that the luna machine isn't widely known yet, whereas resmed is well known and well documented. the forum would have a much better job advising you on any difficulties with resmed.

and yes, you need to contact whomever provided the luna and get this issue addressed.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

tazz11171@yahoo.com

Post by tazz11171@yahoo.com » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:22 am

I just received the same machine and as soon as I put mask on or plug hole it shuts off. Can you tell me if you were able to correct this problem? Any help would be great Thank you

Lane101

Post by Lane101 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:32 pm

tazz11171@yahoo.com wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:22 am
I just received the same machine and as soon as I put mask on or plug hole it shuts off. Can you tell me if you were able to correct this problem? Any help would be great Thank you
If you don't have it the links below provides access to a G3 user manuals that may be of help. While I'm not directly familiar with the G3 some of my machines have an auto on/of function where you need to breath into the mask to get it going. You might want to see if you have that function and if so try to turn it off and see if the problem goes away. Sometimes if a machine doesn't sense enough breathing the auto-off can shut it down unnecessarily.

https://www.directhomemedical.com/machi ... manual.pdf

https://www.apria.com/hubfs/Resource%20 ... ONLINE.pdf

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:05 am

Lane101 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:32 pm
Sometimes if a machine doesn't sense enough breathing the auto-off can shut it down unnecessarily.
This is not how any of the machines impliment auto-off.

Auto-off will turn off when they sense excess leak rates, this is how they make the determination that the mask has been taken off.

When devices incorrectly turns off, causes and solutions:
  • Excessive leaks or faulty leak detection. - Fix leaks/turn off Auto-off
  • Power interuption. - Ensure all power connections are seated properly (Cable to device, cables to power brick, cable to power source). Change wall outlet, powerbar, bypass battery backup, change power brick. Put a device that will indicate a power interuprion on the same outlet, like a digital clock.
  • Have machine serviced or replace.

cpvtnh

Post by cpvtnh » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:40 pm

I second the suggestion to ditch the Luna and get a Resmed if possible. My mom was given a Luna machine.Without Oscar support it was hard to know what was going on with her apnea. Only after we bought a Resmed online did we start to get a handle on what was going on for her. Also, it’s hard to know exactly what was happening, but my sense is the algorithm on the Luna for her made it harder for her to breathe against the machine, since the pressure was often so high with her scrip. We wasted a lot of time with the Luna.

Lane101

Post by Lane101 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:00 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:05 am
Lane101 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:32 pm
Sometimes if a machine doesn't sense enough breathing the auto-off can shut it down unnecessarily.
This is not how any of the machines impliment auto-off.

Auto-off will turn off when they sense excess leak rates, this is how they make the determination that the mask has been taken off.

When devices incorrectly turns off, causes and solutions:
  • Excessive leaks or faulty leak detection. - Fix leaks/turn off Auto-off
  • Power interuption. - Ensure all power connections are seated properly (Cable to device, cables to power brick, cable to power source). Change wall outlet, powerbar, bypass battery backup, change power brick. Put a device that will indicate a power interuprion on the same outlet, like a digital clock.
  • Have machine serviced or replace.
Thank you for clarifying how auto start/stop works. Not owning one of these machines it was the only thing I could think of and just noticed that the OP actually tried this already to no effect.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:36 pm

it doesn't matter in the end, as the op never came back.

still, i hope this helps anyone researching a luna brand cpap.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg