Should I turn on the 'AB Filter' option on my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cLoo

Should I turn on the 'AB Filter' option on my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters?

Post by cLoo » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:01 am

I bought these filters, but I need to decide what option to keep for those on my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. Is anyone familiar with this?

Pugsy

Re: Should I turn on the 'AB Filter' option on my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters?

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:14 am

No....you would NOT be turning on the AB Filter setting if you use the filters you linked to.
Those filters are NOT Anti bacterial filters per the meaning of what constitutes an AB Filter.

This product is considered an AB filter
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/generi ... nes-1-pack

So totally different products with different jobs.

Most people won't need an AB filter at all. Special needs only like maybe additional allergy pollen filter for those with extreme allergies or maybe someone who has a compromised immune system.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Re: Should I turn on the 'AB Filter' option on my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters?

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:35 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:14 am
Most people won't need an AB filter at all. Special needs only like maybe additional allergy pollen filter for those with extreme allergies or maybe someone who has a compromised immune system.
That's what I use 'em for, the cleaner air at night helps keep my nose open even during allergy attack days. :)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cLoo

Post by cLoo » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:02 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:14 am
No....you would NOT be turning on the AB Filter setting if you use the filters you linked to.
Those filters are NOT Anti bacterial filters per the meaning of what constitutes an AB Filter.

This product is considered an AB filter
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/generi ... nes-1-pack

So totally different products with different jobs.

Thank you, Pugsy!