first night with Bleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onward60

Re: first night with Bleep

Post by onward60 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:41 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:09 pm
onward60 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:54 pm
Maybe I should order a small box of the eclipse halos before I order a whole kit.
Send me a private message with your name and address and I will just mail you one little sheet of the halos so you can see what they look and feel like and gauge size. No need to spend the bucks. I just got a supply of new stuff last week.
I can spare a sheet.

I have small nostril openings myself...that's why I loved the pediatric size...but I can get the regular size to work just fine and it's so much better than the clunky plastic original dreamports :lol:

Don't worry if they sort of go out at an angle...I never could get them to go straight down but the weight of the hose will help straighten the ports.

And yes...I do understand the hand issues and I am sorry to say it will probably get worse. I know mine did and then I had surgery on my thumb/wrist bones.
THANK YOU.

I'm sorry to hear about your hand problem. Quite a nuisance, isn't it? Did the surgery help? I will never take my hands for granted again!

onward60

Post by onward60 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:42 am

Deborah K. wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:42 pm
Onward, on me the bleep parts stick outward too, but when I attach them to the hose part they go in just fine.
Good to know! I will stop trying to be so perfectionistic about it.

ILoveFlowers

Post by ILoveFlowers » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:26 pm

I found it useful to keep a magnifying mirror at my bed so I could connect and disconnect those things. In the end, I couldn't get it comfortable enough I think because of the way my nose/nares are shaped but it sure is a nice way to go if it can work for you!
AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
Airfit P10 mask

onward60

Post by onward60 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:06 pm

ILoveFlowers wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:26 pm
I found it useful to keep a magnifying mirror at my bed so I could connect and disconnect those things. In the end, I couldn't get it comfortable enough I think because of the way my nose/nares are shaped but it sure is a nice way to go if it can work for you!
That's a good idea. :thumbsup:

onward60

Post by onward60 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:11 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:09 pm
onward60 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:54 pm
Maybe I should order a small box of the eclipse halos before I order a whole kit.
Send me a private message with your name and address and I will just mail you one little sheet of the halos so you can see what they look and feel like and gauge size. No need to spend the bucks. I just got a supply of new stuff last week.
I can spare a sheet.

I have small nostril openings myself...that's why I loved the pediatric size...but I can get the regular size to work just fine and it's so much better than the clunky plastic original dreamports :lol:

Don't worry if they sort of go out at an angle...I never could get them to go straight down but the weight of the hose will help straighten the ports.

And yes...I do understand the hand issues and I am sorry to say it will probably get worse. I know mine did and then I had surgery on my thumb/wrist bones.
Hey, Pugsy, I sent you a PM but it is sitting in my outbox. But it also says "sent." Did you get it?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:32 pm

onward60 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:11 pm
Hey, Pugsy, I sent you a PM but it is sitting in my outbox. But it also says "sent." Did you get it?
Private messages will sit in the outbox until the person you send it to has opened the PM and read it.
This is how you know the person has read what you sent.

I just now got home and just now read your PM and you should now see it in your "sent" box...as it should move over to the sent box from the out box now.

I am glad you finally got those halos to try. They don't weigh much but the frame with the magnets might be a tiny bit heavier than the dreamports frame. I really couldn't tell any difference myself but some others have mentioned it.

Crossing my fingers that you will be okay with the halos for the Eclipse. I know it will be much easier for you to managed the attachment process.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:20 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:32 pm
onward60 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:11 pm
Private messages will sit in the outbox until the person you send it to has opened the PM and read it.
This is how you know the person has read what you sent.

I just now got home and just now read your PM and you should now see it in your "sent" box...as it should move over to the sent box from the out box now.

I am glad you finally got those halos to try. They don't weigh much but the frame with the magnets might be a tiny bit heavier than the dreamports frame. I really couldn't tell any difference myself but some others have mentioned it.

Crossing my fingers that you will be okay with the halos for the Eclipse. I know it will be much easier for you to managed the attachment process.
Oh, now I get it. Thank you!

onward60

Post by onward60 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:24 pm

UPDATE: I tried wearing the eclipse halos around the house to see how they felt. They felt much better than the dreamport halos to me.

I'm not sure why, but the deamports made the inside and outside of my nose itch even when I wasn't hooked up to the machine. I was struggling to see how long I could tolerate having the dreamports on my nose and not doing well. Getting them hooked up was another problem. That irritated both my nose and my hands. I would then try to go to sleep with an itchy nose and hurting hands.

I wore the eclipse halos around the house for a couple of hours today and barely even noticed I had them on. :thumbsup: :D

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:19 pm

That's great Onward! They would for sure be easier for hurting hands. :D
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system