CSA = Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt or Airsense 10 Autoset or Aircurve 10 ASV?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
oldshoe

CSA = Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt or Airsense 10 Autoset or Aircurve 10 ASV?

Post by oldshoe » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:12 pm

I have CSA and have the option to change from the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt to the Airsense 10 Autoset or Aircurve 10 ASV ... any opinions on which one is better and why or would they both be the same for CSA ? I know the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt was specifically for CSA but also saw that the Airsense 10 Autoset had that built into algorithm I think. Not sure if the specs on the Aircurve 10 ASV but assume it was also specifically for CSA.

Thanks for any help. JO

palerider

Re: CSA = Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt or Airsense 10 Autoset or Aircurve 10 ASV?

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:28 am

The AirCurve 10 ASV is what the VPAP Adapt turned into when the 10 line came along.

The Airsense 10 Autoset is the same as the S9 Autoset.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

oldshoe

Post by oldshoe » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:58 am

Thanks for the the info.... do you think there were any major improvements from the S9 VPAP Adapt to the Aircurve 10 ASV or has there been another machine come along that is more advanced now for CSA ?

Thanks,

JO

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:59 am

oldshoe wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:58 am
Thanks for the the info.... do you think there were any major improvements from the S9 VPAP Adapt to the Aircurve 10 ASV or has there been another machine come along that is more advanced now for CSA ?
The only change between the VPAP Adapt 36037 (with ASVauto mode) and the AC10 ASV is the shape of the machine.

I've got a couple S9 36037 machines that were my late brother's that I should sell one's very low hours one's lowish (it was his travel machine).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

oldshoe

Post by oldshoe » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:42 pm

Thanks... I guess I will just stay with the Resmed 36037 S9 VPAP Adapt for my CSA... any thoughts on whether the Airsense 11 Autoset would be any type of upgrade for somebody with CSA ?
-JO

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:58 am

oldshoe wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:42 pm
Thanks... I guess I will just stay with the Resmed 36037 S9 VPAP Adapt for my CSA... any thoughts on whether the Airsense 11 Autoset would be any type of upgrade for somebody with CSA ?
-JO
Yes, Autoset machines don't treat CSA at all.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:28 am

Question....what is it about the AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 algorithm that leads you to believe that it is "new" and can actually deal with or treat central apneas?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:32 pm

The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

oldshoe

Post by oldshoe » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:59 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:28 am
Question....what is it about the AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 algorithm that leads you to believe that it is "new" and can actually deal with or treat central apneas?
Hey Pugsy... it was a line in the Airsense 11 literature about CSA, but I realize now it was simply about CSA detection for reporting purposes and not a new feature treating CSA... I saw this summary (posted below) on another board and post it here for anybody else that goes down this rabbit hole... bottom line to me is that as of October 2023 the S9 VPAP ADAPT with ASV is still the best machine for CSA , you can spend more on the AIrcurve 10 ASV but it is a cosmetic upgrade that has no technological improvements for treating CSA.

From poster Sleeprider on the ApneaBoard " The last major change to the Resmed ASV was in the S9 series when a second generation added the Auto ASV algorithm. The Aircurve 10 ASV was mostly cosmetic and the anticipated 11 is similarly, mostly cosmetic. Changes in the way these machine make data available to Resmed through phone-lines, has evolved with changes to the mobile cellular networks, but the way the machines work to resolve complex apnea is unchanged. Therapy is highly regulated and any major changes would trigger FDA review, changes in patents, and lots of study. As a result, for both Philips and Resmed, the settings and algorithms tend to stay the same, and the form-factors and data recording evolve."

"