I need a new machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lynne237

I need a new machine

Post by Lynne237 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:41 am

Hello,
I am new here and hoping for some advice from the members here.
I now have a resmed airsense 10 for her machine . It has been 6 years that I have had it and have had no trouble.

It is now time for a new machine and my supplier (Canada) is offering me the 10 or 11 for the same price.

Considering this would you go with 10 or 11.

Thanks for any advice.

ChicagoGranny

Re: I need a new machine

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:20 pm

Both are good as long as they are the AutoSet model. Some people like to have the latest model. I have a 10 AutoSet and given that they are both the same price, I would go with the 11.

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:37 pm

Lynne237 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:41 am
my supplier (Canada) is offering me the 10 or 11 for the same price.

I also have a 10 and would go with another 10 since ALL of the parts are interchangeable this will give you more spare parts and you likely have a stockpile of supplies that will fit the 10.

afaik those supplies and other parts won't fit or work in the 11.

It will be nice to have a spare power supply or humidifier to swap out if/when you think one has gone bad.

So unless there is some feature you need from the 11 I would stick with the 10 but hey I also use distilled water. :D
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:38 pm

SleepGeek wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:37 pm
Lynne237 wrote:
my supplier (Canada) is offering me the 10 or 11 for the same price.

I also have a 10 and would go with another 10 since ALL of the parts are interchangeable this will give you more spare parts and you likely have a stockpile of supplies that will fit the 10.

afaik those supplies and other parts won't fit or work in the 11.

It will be nice to have a spare power supply or humidifier to swap out if/when you think one has gone bad.

So unless there is some feature you need from the 11 I would stick with the 10 but hey I also use distilled water. :D
I would go with 10 too, for the above reasons.
With one caveat: If you use the Autoset for Her algorithm on your machine, you will have to insist on an Airsense Autoset 10 for Her machine (the white one). The different color is not just a design element - that machine gives you two different automatic therapy algorithms to choose from. In the Airsense Autoset 11 the for Her algorithm is included in the black box, no "for Her" models because they are not necessary.

If you do buy a new Autoset 10 For her, make sure you retire the old one for backup, and use the new one for as long as it's in warranty.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Lynne237

Post by Lynne237 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:01 am

Thank you for the replies, out of 3 answers it is 2 to 1 for the 10.
If anyone else wants to weigh in I would love to hear from you.

Bluper

Post by Bluper » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:25 am

I have the 11 and I like the option of 3 algorithms on it.(cpap, auto cpap and for her) Also, I like having the newest version of everything.

Really

Post by Really » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:56 am

Also if you already have the DC battery connector that works with the 10 afaik it doesn't work for the 11 leaving one less thing you will have to buy or mess with. Really
If what you have works for you keep it. Really
Im not really impressed with the latest and greatest of anything. Really
You Can't Fix Stupid Really

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:47 am

Bluper wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:25 am
Also, I like having the newest version of everything.
Do you mind being pigeonholed as an Early Adopter?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:56 pm

You haven't stated which model you are being offered. Nor what mode you are using your current 10 in. AutoSet, AutoSet for Her , or CPAP mode.
Bluper wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:25 am
I have the 11 and I like the option of 3 algorithms on it.(cpap, auto cpap and for her) Also, I like having the newest version of everything.
This is true for the AirSense 11 AutoSet, but not true for the AirSense 11 Elite or AirSense 11 CPAP.

Depending on what province the OP is in, she will have no choice. For example in Ontario, you can't insist on an AutoSet machine unless you medically qualify. There was a loophole that allowed AutoSet 10 for Her's to qualify, but not AutoSets. That loophole won't work for the AirSense 11s.

Lynne237 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:01 am
Thank you for the replies, out of 3 answers it is 2 to 1 for the 10.
If anyone else wants to weigh in I would love to hear from you.
You haven't provided enough information.
Those suggesting the 10 have provided compelling information on why the 10 has advantages.
Nobody has listed compelling reasons for the 11.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:06 pm

Demand an AUTOSET only.
Otherwise, I would pass.
I bought my first Autoset out of pocket, because the Elite was not "doing it" for me.
It was worth every penny.
I also fired the DME that stuck me with the elite.
We have spent more on a mattress, but the Apap was the better investment.

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:32 pm

Lynne237 wrote:

I now have a resmed airsense 10 for her machine . It has been 6 years th[at I have had it and have had no trouble.
C'mon people... if anyone of you finds a link to a "for Her" machines that is not an autoset, please link to it.

Autoset is implied in the " airsense 10 for her machine".
All-about-resmed-airsense-10-for-her
ResMed(!) wrote:What is the difference between AirSense 10 and AirSense 10 for Her? 
Both devices are almost identical to one another and feature our innovative technologies, including AutoRamp™, automated start and stop, wireless connectivity and an integrated heated humidifier.

The only real difference between the two models, aside from how they look cosmetically, is that the standard AirSense 10 has two modes, CPAP and AutoSet (APAP), whereas AirSense 10 for Her includes these two modes plus an additional third mode with an algorithm specially designed to treat sleep apnea in women
[...]
Introducing ResMed AirSense™ 11 AutoSet, the next generation CPAP machine that can auto-adjust air pressure based on your breathing requirements. To help make CPAP therapy easy and comfortable, AirSense™ 11 AutoSet comes with three different therapy modes, automatic updates and an enhanced design to simplify set up.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Lynne237

Post by Lynne237 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:57 pm

I am back with a few answers for those asking.
I now have the 10 autoset
The new 11 they are trying to sell me is also the autoset.

A lot of you mentioned interchangeable parts, well my chamber now has a slight leak so that is probably not going to last long.

With a new machine I get a regular tubing but the heated climate line tube does not come with it. I have one I bought for the 10 and it will work with both machines.

So I will now have two regular tubings that have never been used. But only one climate line tubing.
I am in Quebec and the pricing is ridiculous high if I want it serviced.
1999.00 Canadian dollars for the 10 or 11
Mind you that does include 5 years warranty and set up and service.
My insurance will pay 900.00 but that leaves me with 1000.00 so I am trying not to make an error in choosing new machine.
Thanks

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:19 pm

Lynne237 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:57 pm
With a new machine I get a regular tubing but the heated climate line tube does not come with it. I have one I bought for the 10 and it will work with both machines.
Please check your source for that info. As far as I know, the climateline heated tubing for the 10 will not work for the 11. You would have to buy a different one. The machines have different sockets.

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/healthcare ... cessories/

Airsense 11's

Airsense 10's

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:36 pm

I know nothing about Canadian law, medical practices or insurance.
I will soon be in the market for his and hers Pap machines, so I feel your pain.
Before I agreed to anything, I would check with CPAP our sponsor on this forum and Second Wind as well as other sources like Craigslist.
5 years ago when I acquired my current AirCurve 10 ASV I found a barely used one and paid out of pocket. The cost was less than my insured copay would have been
Look everywhere FIRST, then make an informed decision. If my current insurance will cover 100% of the cost great. If not I will sharpen my pencil and find the best choice for me.

Lynne237

Post by Lynne237 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:49 am

@ozgi, that is interesting, I will have to check that out and make sure before I consider the 11. Thank you .