CPAP Making Me Hallucinate During Daytime

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: CPAP Making Me Hallucinate During Daytime

Post by Julie » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:52 pm

Others here - experts in Oscar - should be along soon to help with that.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:34 am

Ducksquack wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:49 pm
Oscar but it refused to import any data from my cpap's SD card
- Did you have the card in the machine while you slept last night?

- Was the card unlocked while it was in the machine?

- If you can't get it to import today, reformat the SD card before tonight.

- When you post an OSCAR chart, post it in this thread.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:30 am

Here's the link to the psychosis/schizophrenia + autoimmune treatment -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness ... sychiatry/

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:34 pm

Please note that it is common for improvements to sleep to unmask/uncover other issues. The answer, though, is to treat what is unmasked/uncovered, NOT to choose to go back to bad sleep to cover up and remask issues that need further treatment.

Your doc can help you with treating conditions that improved sleep may uncover.

In the meantime, people in this forum can assist you with helping you make sure that your CPAP treatment is sufficiently optimized so that you are getting the best possible treatment for your sleep-breathing issues. Taking advantage of that valuable but free provision will likely, though, require you to post something here that shows greater details of your treatment beyond what MyAir provides, such as, for example, what OSCAR can provide.

Without your providing that data to this forum, it is likely that anything else said here is little more than speculation and assumption and general sleep knowledge that may or may not be helpful to you.

In the meantime, do your best not to blame CPAP for hallucination issues, no matter how much that might seem to be the case.

In summary:

(1) Post what is needed here for people to verify efficacy of your PAP settings.

(2) Once that is done, THEN make sure that any mental, emotional, or physical issues that may be unmasked/uncovered by the improved sleep-breathing all get treated by someone (or by a team) fully aware of your medical history and medications.

I wish you all the best for your finding better sleep and better quality of life during your waking hours. That will require putting the horse fully in front of the cart so that you do things in the correct order.
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

kteague

Post by kteague » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:13 am

One thing your doctor said I agree with is to treat your sleep apnea before having the MSLT, the reason being is so the results aren't like trying to look through muddy water. The sleep deprivation caused by sleep apnea can do strange things to the brain. You want your MSLT to be looking for narcolepsy, not just sleep deprivation. Have you considered using your CPAP and setting an alarm to wake up before an extended sleep and possible recurrence of hallucinations? A few weeks of doing that could give you better odds on getting a meaningful MSLT. Your meds make things a bit more complicated but a good doctor should be able to help you through this. It wouldn't surprise me if your doctor might want to get you as close to a baseline regarding meds as you can safely get, especially since the one doc doesn't seem satisfied with your diagnosis. I do hope you'll report back, and that you find the help you need.