Philips Dreamstation 12V power supply

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chriscowles

Philips Dreamstation 12V power supply

Post by chriscowles » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:44 pm

Hi. Our Philips CPAPs were replaced earlier this year under the recall. We used the old CPAPs exclusively in our travel trailer with 12V DC adapters.

The labeled output of the DC adapter matches that of the new AC adapter. The connector fit the replacement DS2 after I shaped it a bit with a Dremel to fit the curve of the housing. I thought I plugged it in to check it when I did that but maybe I didn't look closely.

We're just now trying out the DS2s on 12V for the first time. They're showing an error message to check the power supply. Fortunately, we'll have 120V shore power for the next few weeks but that won't be the case when we get to New England.

Does the new power supply have a chip in it to identify it as OEM? I'd rather not have to buy new 12V adapters if there's a workaround.

If I have to, can anyone recommend a specific product, ideally less expensive than a Philips branded product? 12C DC adapters are a commodity product.

calusa

Re: Philips Dreamstation 12V power supply

Post by calusa » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:50 pm

I don't know if it's a chip; but the Dreamstation 1 can sure tell when you're not using THEIR 12-volt power cord! Dreamstation 2 probably works the same way.

Fortunately, the Philips 12-volt cord is only about $30. It's super well-made; but you may have to modify it depending on your battery.

Read more about this issue here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186651&p=1440391#p1440391

SleepGeek

Re: Philips Dreamstation 12V power supply

Post by SleepGeek » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:56 pm

chriscowles wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:44 pm
can anyone recommend a specific product, ideally less expensive than a Philips branded product? 12C DC adapters are a comm odity product.
Call them to make sure it will work for yours.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... ed-dc-cord
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?