Airsense 11 offgassing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
David P.

Airsense 11 offgassing

Post by David P. » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:34 pm

I'm back. Adapthealth replaced my Airsense 11 with a new one, but I'm checking everything out I need to. The time I first smelled the odor was in November of last year, but after thoroughly cleaning the water chamber, the smell went away. On February 17, I awoke to such a nasty, toxic odor, I had to do something. I cleaned the water chamber out again, this time with water and vinegar (I usually clean it once a week, and had done so a few days before), but the next night I could still detect a smell. Have you ever bought a coffee maker and the black plastic parts had a smell like coal tar? That's what my machine was doing. I didn't stop using it because I snore so loud it wakes everyone up, including myself. Soon, everything I smelled smelled like it, including my fingers, my furniture I sit in, even my urine. I have contacted a well known lawyer in my area, and my doctor is going to run tests on me as soon as he researches it. He has never done toxicology before like this. I told him to check with the local shipyards for comparison. I've believe this smacks of the Philip's recall, although Resmed's CEO assures that their machines are 'laser focused' on safety. If that were true, why is my machine smelling like poisonous toxic vapors? I smell like I'm turning into plastic! Your coments are welcome.

Grumpy48

Re: Airsense 11 offgassing

Post by Grumpy48 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:48 pm

Don't know if it's similar....

If my Dream Station 2 humidifier tub runs out of water it takes on a hot plasticy odor. I usually rinse out the tub with hot water and a drop of Dawn dish liquid and it's fresh again. However, the hose seems to also retain this odor and even with a clean water tub I can smell it. Filling the hose with hot water and a drop or two of Dawn dish liquid and swishing back and forth followed by a clean cold water flush also freshens the hose up. Try cleaning the hose and see if the odor dissipates.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:35 pm

Duplicate post folks.
See yesterday...same thing
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186278&p=1435597#p1435597

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:36 pm

Olfactory hallucinations?
I guess it's possible . . .