Respiratory Rate - Too High?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WearyOne

Respiratory Rate - Too High?

Post by WearyOne » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:17 pm

Wondering if my respiratory rate is too high (see image). It's like this all the time. Even though my AHI has always been great, I have always felt extremely tired every morning and wake up a lot. (Started xPAP therapy about 16 years ago.) Sleep doc--although really nice and knowledgable most of the time--doesn't know why I feel so bad each morning, so I just quit going. Decided to try again at figuring this out, so starting with this. (Although I do have an appointment with the new doc there the first opening they have which is in...November!)

I am using the System One 60 series machine. Recently received my DS2 replacement on the recall, but haven't started with that machine yet.

(High leak rate is probably because when I get up during the night I don't turn the machine off, which I probably should start doing.)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Miss Emerita

Re: Respiratory Rate - Too High?

Post by Miss Emerita » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:14 pm

Lots of good information here:

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-a ... atory-rate

Your median RR is within the normal range. The 95% number means that 95% of time you’re at OR BELOW 22.8. People’s RRs go up for various reasons, including REM sleep. That’s completely normal.

If you have follow-up questions about other things, it’d be useful if you kept them in this same thread. I’ll be curious how it goes with the DS 2. Really hope you can get better sleep.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

WearyOne

Re: Respiratory Rate - Too High?

Post by WearyOne » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:19 pm

Thanks so much, Miss Emerita, for the information and the link. Great stuff at that link, and see there that my over-60 age works for that range as well. :D