Astronomical Cost

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rwench

Astronomical Cost

Post by rwench » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:00 am

I have been using a CPAP since October. I like the machine but the costs are ridiculous, excessive, and incomprehensible. I do not understand what I am being charged for and why. So far I have paid about $800. These expenses seem to be randomly generated. There is very little explanation for most of them. I signed up for autopay so my card is simply getting billed ad-hoc. I understand the need for a better nights sleep, but this is ridiculous.

Sheriff Buford

Re: Astronomical Cost

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:09 am

Yea if you think about it, the machine is an air pump. I know the algorithms and all that, but even the straight cpap machines are high. I don't know. It is what it is.

Sheriff

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:45 am

If you sign up for auto pay you are giving the DME access to your credit card. They can send accessories based on their schedule...not necessarily when you need something. Get off the auto pay and tell the DME you will call them when you need something. My annual purchase from my DME are something like this....1 hose, 1 mask, 2 mask cushions, ....That's it. I buy a bag of filters from Amazon. Get an explanation and itemized bill for what you are being charged for.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:47 am

Are you referring to your DME's routinely sending replacements for things that don't yet need replacement? And which your present ones end up in landfills because of it? You have the right to say No to the auto replacements - tell them you'll ask when you need something and to please not just to keep sending them because insurance will pay (the obvious reason behind the things).

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:29 am

rwench wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:00 am
I have been using a CPAP since October. I like the machine but the costs are ridiculous, excessive, and incomprehensible. I do not understand what I am being charged for and why. So far I have paid about $800. These expenses seem to be randomly generated. There is very little explanation for most of them. I signed up for autopay so my card is simply getting billed ad-hoc. I understand the need for a better nights sleep, but this is ridiculous.
rescind that autopay, they've got you on the milking machine, and they'll suck you dry.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:43 pm

Sometimes extreme measures are necessary to get rid of autopay.
Your credit card company may charge a fee--it is worth it!
We actually had to DROP a credit card to stop an autopay.
Most companies will let you change your number or authorization code,
but some will charge a fee.