Phillips Respironics Dreamwear Problem

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JeffNC

Phillips Respironics Dreamwear Problem

Post by JeffNC » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:24 pm

I have recently purchased a Phillips Respironics Dreamwear mask. While it is vastly more comfortable than my previous Fisher & Paykel Brevida mask, I have a problem with it "slipping". I have the adjustment straps as tight as I can comfortably make them but the mask still seems to rotate forward and downward several times a night as I sleep, thereby allowing the nasal pillow to lose contact with my nose. I'm not certain whether this may be because I am partially bald . . . but I'm sure that it doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Jeff

Pugsy

Re: Phillips Respironics Dreamwear Problem

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:28 pm

What size frame are you using?
Are you aware that the frame comes in 3 sizes?
Perhaps you need a different size.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CPAP-A-MUST

Post by CPAP-A-MUST » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:55 am

Agree that it may be an incorrect frame size.

I was gifted a DreamWear fit pack from a friend. It was the standard size frame and much too big for me. I purchased a small frame which worked fine. Ended up going back to the N30i (small frame) because the small-wide cushion worked better than the DreamWear cushions which I loved but leaked a lot.
Machine: ResMed AS10 for Her w/Humdifier & ClimateLine Hose
Settings: Fixed at 8 cm H2O, EPR 1
Mask: ResMed N30i
Other: Kinesiology Tape

“Gratitude and attitude are choices, not challenges”

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:06 pm

JeffNC wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:24 pm
Phillips Respironics Dreamwear mask
Find this model on youtube and carefully watch two or three videos on fitting and adjusting.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:52 pm

One other thing--after you confirm you have the right size of headgear-- is to consider hanging your hose with a hose management system, because it could be the hose pulling the top of the headgear down depending on the position . Hanging it above your head will eliminate that. I have a homemade contraption.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

WW4B

Post by WW4B » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:42 pm

Check out this headgear for the Dreamwear Mask. I have found that it makes the fit more snug without sliding as much as the original headgear that comes with the mask. The "arms" design allows the mask to sit lower on the back of the head closer to the top of the neck. It works for me. The original headgear gets stretched out too easily and seem to slide more. Maybe worth a try!!
31cg+Y98XAL._AC_SX679_.jpg

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:59 am

just curious, are you using the updated Dreamware mask or recalled? There was a recall due to the magnets affecting the health of those with pace makers, and bone anchored hearing devices.
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

JeffNC

Post by JeffNC » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:03 am

Thanks to all who replied.

I have the medium headgear (measured head to order), medium nasal pillow and the latest-design strap. Those weren't the problem, as it turns out.

The problem was that, after wearing the old mask with the "in-your-face" hookup, I didn't have the sense to route the hose behind my head! Obviously, it kept pulling the mask down and forward. :oops:

Honestly, I now feel like the stupid woman in the old joke who had to wear headphones repeating "breathe in, breathe out" or she would expire! Color me very red . . . but at least maybe reading about my "mental pause" gave some of you a chuckle.

Jeff