I HATE LINCARE!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Country4ever

I HATE LINCARE!!

Post by Country4ever » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:47 pm

I haven't needed Lincare for a number of years. I have enough supplies to get through the years without subjecting me to their incompetence.

So..........2 and 1/2 months ago, I went to a new sleep doc (my previous one retired). I told her that my fairly old Resmed 9 was putting out an alert on the screen something like the motor was past its life span, to get a new machine. So I went to the doc. She immediately ordered a new one and sent the order to Lincare.

After 2 months, and not having received any word or a machine or anything, I called the company last week. The woman gave me the name and number/extension of the person filling the order down in Florida. I called that number and she wasn't around, so I left a message. That was last week. No word from her. Today I made a few maddening phone calls and finally got directed to the right place.....the "Repap center", for people getting new cpaps who have already been on them. After being shifted around to different people, I spoke with a person who tried to find the woman handling my case, but couldn't do it. She went ahead and got my info up on her screen and said that the sleep doc hadn't put the right code on the prescription and nobody there did anything about it. It just laid around there somewhere. The woman I was talking to said it wasn't really her place to deal with this, but that she would send this info to my sleep doctor, and get it corrected. I could hear children yelling in the background, so she must have been working at home.

I'm trying to be patient. Lots of people have had serious problems with jobs, etc., after Covid. But I have always been disgusted with Lincare........long before Covid.
So.........now I'm even more disgusted. How can a company keep going when nobody likes them??

Sorry.......I just had to vent. Fortunately, my old trusty machine is still working. But...........Lincare letting this prescription just sit there for 2 and 1/2 months is ridiculous.
I'm glad I didn't just keep trying to be patient.

Is there anyway around this irresponsible, incompetent company?
Thanks for listening.

Janknitz

Re: I HATE LINCARE!!

Post by Janknitz » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:32 pm

There's a reason they've earned the nickname "Lin Don't Care"
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:45 pm

Country4ever wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:47 pm

Thanks for listening.
thanks for sharing. yeah, insurance companies are hard enough to deal with at the best of times, so i'm not really shocked by their incompetence.

is it possible for you to pay out of pocket? if so, there are a lot of options out there.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:12 pm

Country4ever wrote:
This is a mail order place which is nice if you don't need a tech to help with anything.
Check to see if they take your insurance, they do take medicare and can contact your doc to get what they need.
https://verushealthcare.com/insurance/
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:30 pm

You are the customer...You should be able to choose your supplier. Ask your insurance what suppliers are in their network. Have your doctor send an order to the supplier you choose. (Unless the doc is getting a kick back from Lincare.)

Country4ever

Post by Country4ever » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:27 am

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your replies and will check some things out.

Ray4852

Post by Ray4852 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:01 am

Country4ever wrote:
I haven't needed Lincare for a number of years. I have enough supplies to get through the years without subjecting me to their incompetence.

So..........2 and 1/2 months ago, I went to a new sleep doc (my previous one retired). I told her that my fairly old Resmed 9 was putting out an alert on the screen something like the motor was past its life span, to get a new machine. So I went to the doc. She immediately ordered a new one and sent the order to Lincare.

After 2 months, and not having received any word or a machine or anything, I called the company last week. The woman gave me the name and number/extension of the person filling the order down in Florida. I called that number and she wasn't around, so I left a message. That was last week. No word from her. Today I made a few maddening phone calls and finally got directed to the right place.....the "Repap center", for people getting new cpaps who have already been on them. After being shifted around to different people, I spoke with a person who tried to find the woman handling my case, but couldn't do it. She went ahead and got my info up on her screen and said that the sleep doc hadn't put the right code on the prescription and nobody there did anything about it. It just laid around there somewhere. The woman I was talking to said it wasn't really her place to deal with this, but that she would send this info to my sleep doctor, and get it corrected. I could hear children yelling in the background, so she must have been working at home.

I'm trying to be patient. Lots of people have had serious problems with jobs, etc., after Covid. But I have always been disgusted with Lincare........long before Covid.
So.........now I'm even more disgusted. How can a company keep going when nobody likes them??

Sorry.......I just had to vent. Fortunately, my old trusty machine is still working. But...........Lincare letting this prescription just sit there for 2 and 1/2 months is ridiculous.
I'm glad I didn't just keep trying to be patient.

Thanks for listening.
I wouldn't put up with this crap. I would have my doctor write me out a new prescription and pay for a new machine out of my pocket. these machines are cheap. the hell with the insurance company.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:08 am

Because of the honesty of forum members here, I have been able to avoid
the incompetence and disservice of Lin-don't-care.
Learning from the experience of others----PRICELESS!

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:37 pm

FWIW, I have heard good things about Hart Medical, though haven't used them.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask