Aeroflow regrets

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onward60

Aeroflow regrets

Post by onward60 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:56 pm

Has anybody had any luck with Aeroflow? They keep sending me emails trying to get me to finish entering info but their website has me in a loop of endlessly linking back and forth to the same irrelevant pages. They don't respond to emails. I've been on hold forever. They're not picking up. I can't even edit/remove the contact information I entered into their system. I really regret giving them my information.

chunkyfrog

Re: Aeroflow regrets

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Sounds like a web site SNAFU.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:36 pm

Same thing, gave them my insurance and stuff but got sent an email saying come back and finish setting up? I already did bro.

JimmyStewart

Post by JimmyStewart » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:39 pm

IMO, As dme's go, they're above average, but FAR from perfect!!

They haven't lied to me, but their communication sucks, often taking 3-5 emails and/or 1 or more phone calls (long hold times!!) to get answers to questions.

I was in that same website loop until they rec'd insurance verification, and script from my doc. Not the best design, putting customers in limbo!

Once setup in their system, ongoing orders (like quarterly supplies) are extremely easy -- login to account, insurance-covered items are listed, check/uncheck what you want. Supplies are often shipped out same day!

Changes take time (see first point). I'm hoping changeover from dreamports to eclipse isn't going to be too painful!!! They aren't taking orders for eclipse as of last time I spoke with them, but I'm supposedly on waiting list to be notified when I can order.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:12 pm

I wonder if the trouble to get on board is going to result in actual equipment. They say they take Medicaid but I have yet to find an online store that really is in network for any state plan. I'm about a year away from Medicare. The brick and mortars that really are in network my Medicaid group, don't have Bleep or don't bill insurance for Bleep. Is it a lost cause? I don't have the energy to spend on a lost cause. :(

If anybody knows how to get the Aeroflow emails to stop, please share!

TheLankyLefty

Post by TheLankyLefty » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:31 pm

I contacted my insider at Aeroflow to hopefully get this resolved. In the past they have been very responsive.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:50 pm

TheLankyLefty wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:31 pm
I contacted my insider at Aeroflow to hopefully get this resolved. In the past they have been very responsive.
Hope they have clout with IT!

TheLankyLefty

Post by TheLankyLefty » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:05 pm

Nobody has clout with IT. :lol:

....but IT is aware. After 2 coffees and a smoke break they'll get right on it. [if they work from home add in a game of MLB The Show]

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:19 pm

I will say, I tried contacting AeroFlow via their website a couple of years ago and was unsuccessful. I was never able to get a response.

HOWEVER, I tried again in June, when preorders for the Bleep Eclipse were available and AeroFlow was listed as an online DME that filed insurance. I called and was able to easily get set up. They were very helpful and responsive and, fingers crossed, I will be receiving the Eclipse through my insurance. Although, frankly, my insurance is so p***poor that I will probably end up paying more than if I paid out of pocket, which was the case for the DreamPorts...$35/month under insurance +shipping (one month at a time), my last out-of-pocket shipment was about $30/6 weeks shipped free!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:27 am

I've used them for about a year since I quit using Crapria.... er... I mean Apria. My experience is they are much better with the quarterly resupply, but I'm needing a new machine and they aren't doing so good. I'm on Medicare, and they always use the "dealing with Medicare" excuse. But being in the DME business.... they should know what Medicare requires and COMMUNICATE it to the customer. They require their prescription sheets because a regular prescription your doctor issues is "not Medicare good enough". I called and asked for their prescription sheet for the new machine and was told a standard doctor's prescription sheet was "good enough". Once I got the right prescription to them, they started with some additional requirements that they did not COMMUNICATE early on. They always blame Medicare when they fail to communicate the requirements. I have repeatedly gone back to my doctor so many times, I'm embarrassed. Over the years, I've heard so many DME horror stories where members finally give up and pay out of pocket. That's where I'm at with Aeroflow. It's not worth the frustration they cause.

This is my experience with them.

Sheriff

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:30 pm

I just went through the month-long mating dance with Aeroflow, my insurance company and my new sleep doc (who is awesome). He prescribed the Bleep Dreamports, which Aeroflow finally sent me.

They also sent a bunch of Aeroflow-branded filters, a new Climateline hose, a humidifier tank, a Bleep starter kit with a new interface and more Dreamports, and a bunch of Bleep alcohol prep wipes. I didn't ask for any of that stuff. I'm sure they billed my insurance for all of the unrequested unnecessary items. No wonder it's so expensive.

Hopefuly I don't get on some automatic shipment schedule, or at least get the chance to reject stuff before they ship it.

We will see.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:40 pm

Loggerhead: If you are on Medicare, report them
Automatic orders are not allowed by Medicare.
BY LAW.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:37 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:40 pm
Loggerhead: If you are on Medicare, report them
Automatic orders are not allowed by Medicare.
BY LAW.
Nah, just regular medical insurance. Medicare is still a good bit into the future.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:15 pm

Then you need to communicate with that supplier that any future orders
must be on demand only; and you will refuse any future shipments
unless you ordered everything shipped.
Certified mail should be effective.
Youth has not been wasted on one as wise as you.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:48 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:15 pm
Then you need to communicate with that supplier that any future orders
must be on demand only; and you will refuse any future shipments
unless you ordered everything shipped.
Certified mail should be effective.
Youth has not been wasted on one as wise as you.
Good suggestions.

I might be inclined to call and say hey, I didn't order all this I just ordered the mask and the ports.

They will bill for EVERYTHING and there's a good chance you will have to pay out of pocket for all the fluff. Witch hazel and some cosmetic wipes add up to about $4.

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.