ResMedAS11 How to Change Cell Carrier?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jlfinkels

Re: ResMedAS11 How to Change Cell Carrier?

Post by Jlfinkels » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:24 pm

A few random thoughts…

You could consider getting a signal booster as they can be purchased online. For example: https://www.signalboosters.com/blog/a- ... -boosters/

You can also try making a home-built Faraday cage and seeing if you can force the CPAP to find a different carrier. https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-ma ... raday-cage

You could also see if ACBio (CPAP repair) had any suggestions. It is not difficult replacing a CPAP modem.

You can get a different CPAP, maybe go back to an AS10 and see if it works.

And finally, since SleepHQ is cloud based, you could load your data there and they can access it directly.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:37 pm

Usual_Suspect wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:14 pm
For those of you who run into this, one of my co-workers used to work on two way radios. He told me to get out the tin foil, leave it plugged in, and wrap it with foil :| . Once it's wrapped with foil, wait an hour or so, then check if it is on a different carrier. I grabbed a piece of Reynolds Wrap off the roll, wrapped the machine in it, and now on AT&T's Network :D . It finished the setup, so it now has my old RS 10's settings. Now to see if it stays on AT&T.
Wow ok! I can't believe that worked. lol Good for you.

So problem solved?

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

Usual_Suspect

Post by Usual_Suspect » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:45 pm

lynninnj wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:37 pm
Usual_Suspect wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:14 pm
For those of you who run into this, one of my co-workers used to work on two way radios. He told me to get out the tin foil, leave it plugged in, and wrap it with foil :| . Once it's wrapped with foil, wait an hour or so, then check if it is on a different carrier. I grabbed a piece of Reynolds Wrap off the roll, wrapped the machine in it, and now on AT&T's Network :D . It finished the setup, so it now has my old RS 10's settings. Now to see if it stays on AT&T.
Wow ok! I can't believe that worked. lol Good for you.

So problem solved?
Problem solved. It's odd you can change just about everything on the device, except the carrier, but I now have a work around for that. Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:53 pm

Usual_Suspect wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:45 pm
A poor-mans Faraday cage. Nice!
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines